Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interface - USB-MP3- iPhone

Boersma

I've just bought ( previous sold with 180.000KM) an other SC430 2007 with 70000KM withthe original Radio/CD/CASS 86120-24370 and want to connect an interface for connecting; USB stick (music)-MP3-iPhone. Apart from the best interface option there is a problem with the connector for a SC430 that are offered on the internet because the unit has only two plugs/connectors and for that I don't know which interface i have to choose. For example Grom, Yatour, Mantson and Dension but not with the connector/plug that fits according to me when you look (photo)at the back of my radio unit. 

Questions what is the best "interface" for the SC430 and what adaptor and or plug fits?

IMG_9246.jpeg

IMG_9247.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Boersma

Unfortunately the Lexus has a non standard Mark Lawrence amp, so you will need a converter (see link) if you want to enjoy the quality that tis amp provides.

I haven't used or have any association with this product, but just provide it for guidance only.

https://incartec.co.uk/product/23-048_Lexus_sc430_Mark_Levinson

• 2 months later...

Hello Steve, 

Finally I've found the right adapter for my SC430 - 2006 with all functions remaining on my steering wheel for CD, cassette and radio et cetera easy to install and working great.

Dension GBL3T01 (toy/lex).  USB, iPod, Bluetooth & Iphone including mic. with some cabling € 100,-- !

In my previous  SC430 -  2007  I had installed a Pioneer 250 - 2Din and lost 50% of the functions from the steering wheel and the cover for the Pioneer didn't close anymore.

• 2 years later...

Hi Boersma,

i saw your thread with your question for a USB/BT etc. solution in the SC.

I am still searching since a few years and tried many different interfaces, but nothing works. My last try in 2021 was a Dension Gateway 3 Lite GWL3TO1. Of course, it doesnt work. I have the same radio as yours with the same part number and the same two (only two) connectors (without the 3rd important connector like other radios).

Did you really got an interface to run? Its really the newer GBL3TO1 from Dension. It will be so great. Or do you have meanwhile an other radio and thats the reason, why the Dension runs?

I hope for a reply and wish you all the best.

Thx and greetz from Germany,

Ben

I have been using the SC430mods.com one for a couple of years now to connect to music and calls on my phone via Bluetooth. The steering wheel volume works but you cannot change tracks. You do lose the ability to play CD’s as it uses the CD player to connect the adapter. It is also pretty easy to install.  My version is the early version where the tape and radio volume is reduced using the adapter. This has now been addressed with the current one so no longer an issue. 
Is is a cheap option compared to fitting a new head unit and the sound quality is great.

https://www.sc430mods.com/product-page/2005-bluetooth-music-and-calling-adapter-with-mic

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 2:16 PM, Glyn Jennings said:

I have been using the SC430mods.com one for a couple of years now to connect to music and calls on my phone via Bluetooth. The steering wheel volume works but you cannot change tracks. You do lose the ability to play CD’s as it uses the CD player to connect the adapter. It is also pretty easy to install.  My version is the early version where the tape and radio volume is reduced using the adapter. This has now been addressed with the current one so no longer an issue. 
Is is a cheap option compared to fitting a new head unit and the sound quality is great.

https://www.sc430mods.com/product-page/2005-bluetooth-music-and-calling-adapter-with-mic

Thanks Glyn, I wasn't aware that the SC430mod unit stops the ability to use CDs entirely, that is a shame. Still looks like a good product however, and saves whatever Lexus would charge for a new CD Unit - mine has gone bad. 

Thinking about what I have said I would imagine you can still play CD,s in another tray in the player but would lose the Bluetooth phone function until you select the tray where the SC430 mods disc is loaded. I never play CD,s any more so I confess I haven't tried it so can't verify if that is the case.  Next time I go out in the car I will try it.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2024 at 9:59 AM, Glyn Jennings said:

Thinking about what I have said I would imagine you can still play CD,s in another tray in the player but would lose the Bluetooth phone function until you select the tray where the SC430 mods disc is loaded. I never play CD,s any more so I confess I haven't tried it so can't verify if that is the case.  Next time I go out in the car I will try it.

Tried a CD in tray 2 (SC430 mods CD is in tray 1) today and can confirm you can still play CD’s. Obviously when not playing the silent SC430 CD you lose the mobile phone Bluetooth connection.

• Like 1

Me again. Are older pre-facelift SC 430 CD Units going to work plug and play with facelift models? There's no changes to the wiring loom or connectors I assume? 

One has popped up on eBay, but it is from a 2001 car: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166422102389

I understand that the older model CD Units will not have Bluetooth, but that seems a moot point as the SC 430 Bluetooth mod kit works with all models. 

@Glyn Jennings thanks for confirming that the mod kit just takes up one of the 6 cd slots with the player. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 11:50 PM, Niskus said:

and saves whatever Lexus would charge for a new CD Unit - mine has gone bad. 

I have managed to resurrect my original unit. I would happily take a look at your unit. Maybe even purchase for spares if you are thinking of replacing it?

I’m driving up to Edinburgh next month.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links