Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated/Cooled Seat LED colour change

Hi All,

Can someone tell me how to change the colour on the Heated/Cooled seat controls from Amber/Green to Red/Blue please?

I'm taking the centre panel out to cover the wood panel and hoping to do this at the same time. 

You need the LED like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-5mm-LED-Bi-Colour-Red-Blue-Water-Clear-Common-Cathode-3-pin-/362616313143

Main thing is that it's a 5mm LED with a common cathode.

I did this a while back some pics below. I find it odd that by default hot is red and cold is green even though the colour of the text is red and blue.

20210729_104731.thumb.jpg.e905371976b8b98e281b3837680223ef.jpg

20210729_112044.thumb.jpg.b133bfa75878be733c8b0dc5a768d816.jpg

20210729_113749.thumb.jpg.9794a9290a9519fd7114035aecdbde0f.jpg

• Like 2

Ahmed, i,ve just been looking through you blog and there is an entry where you write about putting a Bluetooth module into the 3.5mm aux jack in the armrest to play music from your phone. Now I have one that does this but I noticed that at the end you also seemed to be able to play video from your phone and get it onto the lexus screen. Is this so and if yes, how did you do it? Does it need a certain type of Bluetooth receiver?

11 hours ago, bernieeccles said:

Ahmed, i,ve just been looking through you blog and there is an entry where you write about putting a bluetooth module into the 3.5mm aux jack in the armrest to play music from your phone. Now I have one that does this but I noticed that at the end you also seemed to be able to play video from your phone and get it onto the lexus screen. Is this so and if yes, how did you do it? Does it need a certain type of bluetooth receiver?

The 3.5 aux to Bluetooth mod I did was a while back. Around that time I also had installed a multimedia interface unit which gave me AV input and output functionality to my satnav screen. I used this interface to mirror my phone using an AV cable.

This was a while back. I have since replaced that setup with a Grom VLine2 which is a much better seamless solution with apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto. It's not a cheap piece of kit though unfortunately. 

Hi, I did a similar job on my 250, replacing the bi-colour leds with more appropriate colours. It's a straightforward job, but I would caution that when you remove the control module take extra care as the plastic clips are quite fragile, and can be easily snapped and broken. You'll see what I mean when you do it. Also, make sure you insert and solder the replacement blue / red leds at the correct polarity. You can check polarity beforehand by selecting diode test on a dvm and putting the test probes on the leads of the LED, and observing which lead lights the blue or red respectively. Note that both will be very dim, but don't worry about that. It's probably best to do this test in a darkened environment. I'll put up a couple of pics of the end result, so you get the idea. Warning: rubbish pics! 

Hth and good luck! 

IMG_20210828_144438.jpg

IMG_20210828_144219.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links