Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing the foot rest

I'd like to remove the footrest on the left to get a bit more legroom as I'm suffering from runner's knee at the moment and keeping my leg bent for periods of time causes a fair bit of pain. Anyone done this and know how hard/easy it is?

From reading elsewhere I think that the footrest is mounted onto two posts and that there are two round slotted plugs on top of the footrest. If you turn the plugs anti clockwise with a screwdriver it should release the footrest so that you can pull it off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This post here is for a 1999 RX - maybe have a nother look for the plugs:

Driver's Foot Rest - 99 - 03 Lexus RX300 - Lexus Owners Club of North America

On the LS430 you can adjust the seat base cushion -when I bought my first LS430 many years ago, whilst playing around I adjust the seat cushion to come out fully - as a result the base would hit the underside of my knee when seated - this LED to painful leg - I thought maybe the the 430 did'nt have as much leg room as the 400 but thankfully I realised my error pretty soon

Yeah I saw that thread but I don't have any plugs on the footrest at all. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The rubber/plastic footrest seems to be attached to the carpet, it doesn't just pull out. The support underneath it is the bit I'd need to remove, that seems to be completely under the carpet, so maybe if I lifted the carpet up I could take that out but I've no idea how to do that, presumably that's a fairly involved job involving moving lots of bits of trim. Will have a look on youtube and see if I can find something.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links