Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT 200h F Sport

PGL

An update...

Completely messed about by another Lexus dealer, treated again like an idiot!

Advised to take car in, nothing found. Arranged with service manager for it to go back in for three days to be fully looked at. Arrived to be advised they wanted me to pay for this, if they could not find anything wrong! ... still inside Lexus 3 year warranty. Pay for three days work! I refused. They agreed for their most experienced mechanic to look at it for 'an hour', at their expense, annoyed that this was only brought up when arriving for appointment, they had arranged.

They refused my request to speak with mechanic, would not allow me to watch from service area view point and were as difficult as they could be. But...

Mechanic discovered an issue .... wing mirror covers had been incorrectly fitted.

Once again service manager stated some incredible rubbish, would not accept these were fitted on vehicle from new. Refused to do anything to correct. Did he think I was just going to accept this?

Obviously complained to both the Managing Director and Lexus Customer Services, this was worth it as car collected, taken in for repair, brought back the following day, with brand new correctly installed covers, cleaned immaculately inside and out and with more petrol than when it was collected.

This has actually made car quieter, but needing to test further when health improves.

• Like 1

In what way were the mirror covers incorrectly fitted? How would this only effect the drivers side, you stated the passenger side is quiet?

I also find it strange that the factory would do this and subsequent QC check wouldn't spot this. Just the one car in how many thousands built?

How would this only be noticed as vehicles passed and not during driving as the air flow surely would be very much the same?

Paying for diagnostics is quite normal if nothing is found, that said I have always had this waved by my dealership.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:41 PM, NemesisUK said:

In what way were the mirror covers incorrectly fitted? How would this only effect the drivers side, you stated the passenger side is quiet?

I also find it strange that the factory would do this and subsequent QC check wouldn't spot this. Just the one car in how many thousands built?

How would this only be noticed as vehicles passed and not during driving as the air flow surely would be very much the same?

Paying for diagnostics is quite normal if nothing is found, that said I have always had this waved by my dealership.

Mirror covers had not been attached correctly, very loose and disrupting air flow... I was informed.

Believe these were fitted by dealership bought car from, not factory, as from options.

After what I described, same as what I posted on here that you stated, this is what I was informed. Whether this is actually the solution I find it difficult to understand, again as you state.

Due to the number of occasions this has been looked at by various Lexus dealers I do not believe the actual problem will be discovered, but believe Lexus vehicle records now show this as been resolved so when I come to sell, it should not be an issue... well until the buyer reports same issue!   

8 hours ago, PGL said:

Mirror covers had not been attached correctly, very loose and disrupting air flow... I was informed.

Whether this is actually the solution I find it difficult to understand, again as you state.

It is very strange. I would have thought that they would rattle if that loose and you would have heard that. It does show how good the sound proofing is in the CT if that can make such a difference.

I hope this is the answer for you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links