Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ALTEZZA

GTO

thanks,

shame is not mine, (is my dads), i nick it sometimes cos he dont use it much! he wanted an Evo (i think) style spoiler but didnt know at the time where to buy one from here in UK, i try to get him to do more stuff to it like side skirts, upgrade exhaust etc....

• 1 month later...

I have the same car (I think) it has the beams engine, 5spd tiptronic box, it's quite quick too, It's jap spec also, It even has a flare gun in the passengers footwell !!, (what's that all about ?) It's at the lexus garage at the moment having a full service, some carpet mats, cd changer and a few other bits sorted out... only bought it on friday, and it doesn't look Like I'm going to see her again until next week.... :( Would like to chat to anyone else with this car, I don't really know much about them...

I bought one a couple of weeks ago - can't say I've found the flare gun, though.

I went for the manual transmission although I'm still fighting to get the hang of the clutch...:saint:

What's the deal with the CD changer? Mine seems to be playing up and I'm a bit miffed that I can't get all the radio frequencies

Chances are that your cd player is one of the one's that went faulty quite quick....I had one of them in my first Is200 & it kept jamming & locking up when playing cd's. The one's that had problems...I believe... had the part where you put the tapes in above where you put the cd's in! Hope that makes sense!!! As for the radio, if your car is an altezza it probably isnt tuned correctly for uk use...Ive seen on many different websites that you can by a module which knocks the frequency up so you can listen to uk radio stations!

I think thats right??

Please correct me anybody if I'm wrong

if you have an imported altezza then your hifi is totally different to the is200 ones

where as we have a seperate amp the altezza has a weedy one built in,you will need a frequency expander to get more radio channels....................

my option would be to rip out the system and put a normal din unit in...

or get hold of an is200/300 unit and amp,its much easier

mat

Band Expanders are freely available from alot of Import websites and a piece of cake to fit....

I had to fit one in mine as I could not stand having to listen to Terry Wogan every morning :flaming:

Thanks, I'm with you on the Wogan problem!

Do you have to fit another Lexus item?

It also has a mini disc player but I only know 2 people who have any discs...

As for the CD's, it stillplays if you're lucky, but the anti-shock is pretty short - I guess they have fantastic roads in Japan?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Altezza back from the Toyota/Lexus garage today :) Since I bought it I've only had 2 days of driving it :( I had the old crappy single CD player ripped out which the previous owner put in, and the IS200 system fitted instead with the changer, full service, new suspension unit on the near side, new wheel, carpet mats, and a full Valet.

There is no problem with the garage doing any work with the car, I noticed somewhere somebody said that the dealers couldn't do suspension stuff, the one in Derby does everything, Oh they also tart up/repair alloys too !!

Now looking at this

http://www.noswizard.com/carnitrous.php

anyone tried it ?, had a good revue in max power last issue. but going to drive the car a few weeks first without it.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links