Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner - 2009 SE-L IS250

Chips

Hi,

Just popping in to introduce myself!!

After 2 months of searching, I spotted a great example and bought a well maintained (full Lexus SH) metallic dark blue IS250 around 3 weeks ago. I've logged into MyLexus and verified all the service records records which explains why the car was so well maintained /everything just works! The cream leather interior wasn't my first choice, but I bought on condition and the leather came up real nice after a good clean using Swissvax leather cleaner. I am impressed with the ML premium sounds, so much that I bought an AUX Bluetooth adapter so I can listen to all the old tracks stored on my phone.  Love the heated seats which are perfect for the morning school run! The alloys need a refurb, but I will wait until I upgrade all 4 tyres later this year.

This is my first venture into Lexus territory, and overall, I am very impress with the IS250 (high spec/build quality/nice smooth V6/decent ride). Given this is a near 13 years old car, I am amazed there are no creaks!!! Pretty chuff with my purchase, and I expect I will be keeping the IS for many years to come.

Tom

PS. one annoying thing on the IS! The door auto-lock once I drive off. This is fine, I like this feature. Once I stop and switch off the engine (gear in Park), the 2 rear doors remain locked unless I manually hit the "unlock" button at the driver door. During the school run, I always forget to hit the manual "unlock" button, hence having to reopen the driver door again to hit unlock in order to open the rear doors. Is there anyway to re-code the car so that all the front and rear door locks unlock when I switch off the engine/gear in Park/open front passenger door? (I tried the Lexus manual method in N and hold the unlock button for 5 secs, but that doesn't work).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chips said:

Hi,

Just popping in to introduce myself!!

After 2 months of searching, I spotted a great example and bought a well maintained (full Lexus SH) metallic dark blue IS250 around 3 weeks ago. I've logged into MyLexus and verified all the service records records which explains why the car was so well maintained /everything just works! The cream leather interior wasn't my first choice, but I bought on condition and the leather came up real nice after a good clean using Swissvax leather cleaner. I am impressed with the ML premium sounds, so much that I bought an AUX bluetooth adapter so I can listen to all the old tracks stored on my phone.  Love the heated seats which are perfect for the morning school run! The alloys need a refurb, but I will wait until I upgrade all 4 tyres later this year.

This is my first venture into Lexus territory, and overall, I am very impress with the IS250 (high spec/build quality/nice smooth V6/decent ride). Given this is a near 13 years old car, I am amazed there are no creaks!!! Pretty chuff with my purchase, and I expect I will be keeping the IS for many years to come.

Tom

PS. one annoying thing on the IS! The door auto-lock once I drive off. This is fine, I like this feature. Once I stop and switch off the engine (gear in Park), the 2 rear doors remain locked unless I manually hit the "unlock" button at the driver door. During the school run, I always forget to hit the manual "unlock" button, hence having to reopen the driver door again to hit unlock in order to open the rear doors. Is there anyway to re-code the car so that all the front and rear door locks unlock when I switch off the engine/gear in Park/open front passenger door? (I tried the Lexus manual method in N and hold the unlock button for 5 secs, but that doesn't work).

Welcome.

Hi Tom and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. You've got arguably the best model Lexus. Yes they're such a fabulous car. Re the auto lock. With yours being a 2009 model I'm not sure that's a standard fitment. A good while ago someone on here posted how to convert the car to auto lock. Maybe the previous owner followed that post and did the conversion. Since your car is full lexus service history then perhaps take your car to your nearest Lexus dealer for them to have a look and whilst there get a quote for a service plan.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links