Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sparkplug check

Tom777

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 11:54 PM, Tom777 said:

Yes that’s a great video too. That’s my engine. You learn something new every day. But my it’s shocking how difficult Lexus made it to change 6 spark plugs. It’s not impossible but still it’s fiddly like hell, like needing magnets and stuff. But this is really good video to have at least to remind me also how to put things back together. 

Changed my spark plugs today. Oh my what a job if it’s your first time and based on Youtube videos only. But all done now without breaking anything. What is your take on the oil on spark plug

105CB061-7F54-4743-828D-C937F09EAB89.jpeg

Just now, Tom777 said:

Changed my spark plugs today. Oh my what a job if it’s your first time and based on Youtube videos only. But all done now without breaking anything. What is your take on the oil on spark plug

105CB061-7F54-4743-828D-C937F09EAB89.jpeg

27ED81D3-FE27-40B0-A1D8-67B7E5E143A3.jpeg

They shouldn't look like that but others have reported the same problem on aged IS250s. Apart from the 4th plug down there doesn't appear to be oil on the outside of the plug so it isn't the cam cover leaking oil in the plug wells, it is oil within the engine getting on the plugs - worn valve guide seals I'd guess. Do the engine use much oil between services?

11 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

They shouldn't look like that but others have reported the same problem on aged IS250s. Apart from the 4th plug down there doesn't appear to be oil on the outside of the plug so it isn't the cam cover leaking oil in the plug wells, it is oil within the engine getting on the plugs - worn valve guide seals I'd guess. Do the engine use much oil between services?

Thanks Colin. No the car doesn’t use any oil at all -  less than what the Lexus manual suggests.  I will not worry about it for now
unless someone here thinks the alarm bells should be going 😱

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links