Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX350 New Owner - some work done

Hi everyone.

I'm back in a Lexus after losing my superb LS460. I miss it terribly. Long story.

Anyways, I took a chance on a 2007 350 SE with one owner and only 50k miles.

It's a perfect example of the old school lexus robustness. I'm loving it.

I noticed a loud humming from somewhere in the drivetrain under acceleration and note that other owners are reporting same.

So, replaces the VERY thick factory front diff oil with royal purple and it made a noticeable difference. Especially at the 40mph mark which is where it's most irritating. I have yet to do the rear and the source of the noise does seem more pronounced from the rear now which is promising.

What I want to tell you is that I also changed out the ATF for Aisin 6+ FE which is their WS replacement. I was prepared for the ball ache job that I had with my LS but to my great joy found a dipstick !! Simples. 4ish litres out (no rubber fluid level thingy) and 4 litres back in through the dipstick.

I though the transmission was quite good for the age. But let me tell you, after a change to this so-called life long fluid, it's pulling away about 5 to 10% faster from a standing stop. There is zero hesitation between changes and it's quiter again. It's remarkable how well it's driving. What a machine.

It's a very easy job to do and I thoroughly recommend it.

Also did an engine oil change this weekend and I'm thrilled with how it's driving/sounding. Get yourself a half inch ratchet Toyota oil filter tool with the slots. amazon have them.

I'd love to tighten up the suspension as I did with my LS but no longer have the tools and space but she's only slightly sloppy, so I'll live with it. Bit of perishing on the rubbers. No biggy.

Over and out.

Cheers.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, k1elliott said:

So, replaces the VERY thick factory front diff oil with royal purple and it made a noticeable difference. Especially at the 40mph mark which is where it's most irritating. I have yet to do the rear and the source of the noise does seem more pronounced from the rear now which is promising.

Didn't know I had a front diff!

Fascinating read.

Thank you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links