Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Digital LCD Display Tyre Pressure module

I installed the module.
Just for info as i have the 2015 IS300h - the TPMS module for me was the BX and is located on the passenger side for a RHD car.
module.thumb.jpg.cbee89a77ecd8e556b89eb7a334d60fe.jpg

Start by remove bottom seat - the just lift up and forward you can see the latch that hold the hook place
1.thumb.jpg.f7b2bc60dae72e2c3beab451e615bef2.jpg

Next remove the 12mm bolt - you only need to remove that one
2.thumb.jpg.ab935c8353a48588e867f43f9dea0cb9.jpg

With the bolt removed lift forward and lift up to unhook the side bolster
3.thumb.jpg.928bee9cb31acce1cec27513d5d8f489.jpg

Using a flat head screwdriver unclip the seatbelt latch and slide seatbelt out
4.thumb.jpg.456c40953fcba019aa208e30f3ea137f.jpg

Lift the footwell cover - i didn't remove it fully it or the side panel cover just enough to remove the C-Pillar cover partially
5.thumb.jpg.51626681f6b97cdaf6989badfe1becce.jpg

You can see the TPMS module as stated mines is BX - unplug the module and plug in the tpms reader module using plug and play
6.thumb.jpg.8156b024165680247413f7d2de099f58.jpg

Check your dash - Note that calibration maybe required (i can post instructions later if required but it basically involved deflating all tyres at different pressure level before setting back to correct pressure)
On mines it registered in the following sequence:
- front passenger
- rear passenger
- front driver
i didnt wait long enough for rear driver to register.

Final.thumb.jpg.81d4abe655d164243996a39f0be89b1d.jpg

Reinstall everything in reverse order.
total time 25mins

Job done 😁

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

I installed the module.
Just for info as i have the 2015 IS300h - the TPMS module for me was the BX and is located on the passenger side for a RHD car.
module.thumb.jpg.cbee89a77ecd8e556b89eb7a334d60fe.jpg

Start by remove bottom seat - the just lift up and forward you can see the latch that hold the hook place
1.thumb.jpg.f7b2bc60dae72e2c3beab451e615bef2.jpg

Next remove the 12mm bolt - you only need to remove that one
2.thumb.jpg.ab935c8353a48588e867f43f9dea0cb9.jpg

With the bolt removed lift forward and lift up to unhook the side bolster
3.thumb.jpg.928bee9cb31acce1cec27513d5d8f489.jpg

Using a flat head screwdriver unclip the seatbelt latch and slide seatbelt out
4.thumb.jpg.456c40953fcba019aa208e30f3ea137f.jpg

Lift the footwell cover - i didn't remove it fully it or the side panel cover just enough to remove the C-Pillar cover partially
5.thumb.jpg.51626681f6b97cdaf6989badfe1becce.jpg

You can see the TPMS module as stated mines is BX - unplug the module and plug in the tpms reader module using plug and play
6.thumb.jpg.8156b024165680247413f7d2de099f58.jpg

Check your dash - Note that calibration maybe required (i can post instructions later if required but it basically involved deflating all tyres at different pressure level before setting back to correct pressure)
On mines it registered in the following sequence:
- front passenger
- rear passenger
- front driver
i didnt wait long enough for rear driver to register.

Final.thumb.jpg.81d4abe655d164243996a39f0be89b1d.jpg

Reinstall everything in reverse order.
total time 25mins

Job done 😁

Great work! So you just add the module to the BX box? Not swapping anything out at all?

1 hour ago, matt8 said:

Great work! So you just add the module to the BX box? Not swapping anything out at all?

Yeah so you unplug the connector from the BX box and plug it into the new module box, the connector from the new module plugs into BX box.

As you can see in this photo

PXL_20220315_125840781.jpg

• Like 1

Just giving an update with a bit of a twist 😂 it seems pressure sensor is advising in when tyre pressure is lowPXL_20220323_165841516.thumb.jpg.dc90b22699fdd3a1023dc2e01b75acb1.jpg

Bit the twist is when is when I went to check the tyre it was the rear driver side tyre that was low lol and not the one highlighted. Overall I'm still happy with it as I always check all 4 tyres anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

Just giving an update with a bit of a twist 😂 it seems pressure sensor is advising in when tyre pressure is lowPXL_20220323_165841516.thumb.jpg.dc90b22699fdd3a1023dc2e01b75acb1.jpg

Bit the twist is when is when I went to check the tyre it was the rear driver side tyre that was low lol and not the one highlighted. Overall I'm still happy with it as I always check all 4 tyres anyway.

Mixing up its left and right?

I wonder if this adapter is for LHD. Would that even make a difference? No idea.

7 minutes ago, matt8 said:

Mixing up its left and right?

I wonder if this adapter is for LHD. Would that even make a difference? No idea.

Wouldn't have thought so, it should be receiving tpms data from the tyre that is low regardless of left or right side.  I have contacted seller for explanation.

Would tyre rotation or changing tyres cause tpms to report on wrong side? For example

FL1 FR2

RL1 RL2

Then let's say user rotates tyres or has tyres changed.

So the tpms sequence get mixed so you end up with

FL1 FR2

RL2 RL1

Would this cause confusion in feedback from the tpms?

As stated in my earlier post i would put the instructions on how to calibrate the device.

eBay Description from seller

After installing cars in some countries, the tyre position and tyre pressure figures will be confused.
Please don't worry you only need to deflate the tyres to the corresponding figures, the system will automatically match and correct, very simple. 

The four tyre deflated figures are: 
Front-Left  100 psi
Front-Right 130 psi
Rear-Left   160 psi
Rear-Right  180 psi
Four tyres are automatically calibrated.

I suspect this maybe for LHD.
So if you have a RHD i believe it would be:

• Front-Right 100 psi
  • Front-Left   130 psi
  • Rear-Right  160 psi
  • Rear-Left    180 psi

When i contacted seller about why the warning light was showing the wrong tyre i was told that i need to calibrate the device as follows.

Email from Seller:

Please follow the steps below:
1. Close all the doors.
2. Start the car, and turn off your car when you see the tyre pressure interface, repeat this step 5 times.
3. Start the car the 6th time, and you will see the tyre pressure calibration interface.
4. Get out of the car and install the Front-Driver side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
5. Install the Front-Passenger side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
6. Install the Rear-Driver side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
7. Install the Rear-Passenger side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
8. The pressure calibrated

• Like 1

13 hours ago, agent_dess said:

As stated in my earlier post i would put the instructions on how to calibrate the device.

After installing cars in some countries, the tyre position and tyre pressure figures will be confused.
Please don't worry you only need to deflate the tyres to the corresponding figures, the system will automatically match and correct, very simple. 

Front-Left  100 kPa
Front-Right 130 kPa
Rear-Left   160 kPa
Rear-Right  180 kPa

I suspect this maybe for LHD.
So if you have a RHD i believe it would be:

• Front-Right 100 kPa
  • Front-Left   130 kPa
  • Rear-Right  160 kPa
  • Rear-Left    180 kPa

When i contacted seller about why the warning light was showing the wrong tyre i was told that i need to calibrate the device as follows.

Email from Seller:

Please follow the steps below:
1. Close all the doors.
2. Start the car, and turn off your car when you see the tyre pressure interface, repeat this step 5 times.
3. Start the car the 6th time, and you will see the tyre pressure calibration interface.
4. Get out of the car and install the Front-Driver side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
5. Install the Front-Passenger side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
6. Install the Rear-Driver side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
7. Install the Rear-Passenger side wheel pressure till you see it display on the screen.
8. The pressure calibrated

Sorry I put PSI in the original post I meant to say kPa

• 1 year later...

Hello agent_dess,

Do you still have a link for the module that you have purchased? I have a 2018 is 300h f sport, and i only seem to find the modules for the analog gauges clusters (it has a C7 written). 

I would appreciate it. Cheers!

4 hours ago, BogdanSpac said:

Hello agent_dess,

Do you still have a link for the module that you have purchased? I have a 2018 is 300h f sport, and i only seem to find the modules for the analog gauges clusters (it has a C7 written). 

I would appreciate it. Cheers!

Not sure who i originally bought it from on eBay but here is an alternative:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165289087083?hash=item267bff506b:g:gqgAAOSwCk1h5imt&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8OnbGchGmgj%2FvY3PzEN9ap6dL17DF8NSoXtU0iyEMIgaKi2Hq%2BcQTL7vvgojtDV5JdEnlcsNab9P1JhJt3mKMcgdw2Db6vlDUE6Djkr%2BahccJLQ6DYgMYdaKCcqiLN4h17GQZ9oSTKZluacploqogDKPRxNbLY90mF9VhVP%2BVcmS%2BoEjNiRjTHw1ZQ6T2fjgbfiN1tf%2FolLFvSqplLBb6sAnEKJvXnENf8x0yL7MB8lO5K3TVZatdL1lOlKtRRdgNu1THGKO0diRtjAeQjtXAsBBvIwBWzuqPAlLcNJN%2B2hgIaQnDzvx4CDy%2FC9ZS06OFg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5bk962XYw

Please read the description carefully before purchasing.

It should be fine as the seller explicitly states all cars after 2015 work 100%

Also i would like to add i believe the TPMS was reading the wrong tyre because the moron that refurbished the wheel must have mixed the tmps sensor with the different corners.  In feb this year i had all 4 tyres changes and i asked the tpms be put into the correct corners... now my tyres read the correct pressure on the correct corner.

I installed this and made an installation video on it a while ago. I bought it from Aliexpress though. Also I don't think the one I bought works on the fsport type display it does need the regular analog type gauge display. Not sure if another one exists that fits the fsport display.

You can install it the way I did but you need thin hands and it can be a bit difficult. The other alternative is to do as is suggested in this thread which involves removing the seat bench, side bolster and then the plastic panelling. It might take longer but will give you more space to work with. 

Thanks so much for the reply. With your link i was able find with the same module on aliexpress, and there is a review that states that it is compatible with f sport. 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004418174580.html

Also, Notamech thanks for the video. I will definitely take a look at it, when my module arrives. There are the instructions from agent_dess as well, so hopefully i won't break no plastic clips. 

Do you guys know any other module worth buying? I am planning to order the android auto module and the self folding mirrors module. 

Cheers and happy new year!

Just to confirm that your car already has tpms before you go ordering it.. I'm just concerned since u also asked about folding mirror module, what spec is your IS??

I've thought about android screen upgrade, but I will bite when they hit the £200-250 mark 

3 hours ago, BogdanSpac said:

Thanks so much for the reply. With your link i was able find with the same module on aliexpress, and there is a review that states that it is compatible with f sport. 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004418174580.html

Also, Notamech thanks for the video. I will definitely take a look at it, when my module arrives. There are the instructions from agent_dess as well, so hopefully i won't break no plastic clips. 

Do you guys know any other module worth buying? I am planning to order the android auto module and the self folding mirrors module. 

Cheers and happy new year!

100% get the auto mirro folding module. I got that too from Ali express. Its very useful not only for automatically folding the mirrors but also you can just look if the mirrors are folded and tell if you've locked the car. 

7 hours ago, Notamech said:

I installed this and made an installation video on it a while ago. I bought it from Aliexpress though. Also I don't think the one I bought works on the fsport type display it does need the regular analog type gauge display. Not sure if another one exists that fits the fsport display.

You can install it the way I did but you need thin hands and it can be a bit difficult. The other alternative is to do as is suggested in this thread which involves removing the seat bench, side bolster and then the plastic panelling. It might take longer but will give you more space to work with. 

I have fsport and works fine on mines, you have to scroll down to tpms screen when in the cluster menu

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

Just to confirm that your car already has tpms before you go ordering it.. I'm just concerned since u also asked about folding mirror module, what spec is your IS??

I've thought about android screen upgrade, but I will bite when they hit the £200-250 mark 

I got that too btw... Didn't like it and ended up returning it. I mean its ok but honestly i didn't see myself using anything other than google maps/android auto. Everything else like ability to play spotify etc the car already has via Bluetooth and i much preferred the higher resolution and AMOLED display of my phone, it didn't make sense at £450ish. Id rather save and use that money when i need to upgrade my phone. 

• Like 1

Quick question what do the facelift models have on display is it PSI/KPA measurement any pictures pls?

I may consider getting a genuine module from a breakers yard, is any additional cable/harness required or just the module.

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the same on my NL 2019 3is 300h.  The unit in the C pillar showed an S on the sticker. works like a charm.  

After starting the car the order in which it displayed the pressures was RR  LR RF LF

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 11:34 PM, agent_dess said:

Front-Left  100 psi
Front-Right 130 psi
Rear-Left   160 psi
Rear-Right  180 psi

I might need to do this as 3 tires do not have the corresponding position on the display (front left tire pressure is shown as rear right pressure).  

So i deflate the front left tire to 100 (1 bar) righ and rear right to 180? Ditto on the the other tires?

No need to restart the car afterwards?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links