Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Digital LCD Display Tyre Pressure module

13 hours ago, Boeryeoes said:

I might need to do this as 3 tires do not have the corresponding position on the display (front left tire pressure is shown as rear right pressure).  

So i deflate the front left tire to 100 (1 bar) righ and rear right to 180? Ditto on the the other tires?

No need to restart the car afterwards?

The calibration never worked for me and seller refunded my money but here is how I fixed it, my theory was whoever painted the wheels randomly shoved the tpms into each tyre, which is fine if you do not have a display to give you pressure readings because if the tpms light came on you would need to check all 4 corners anyway.  But the tpms would originally be registered to each corner correctly so when you add a display you would find some corners display incorrectly.

In my case 3 corner's were incorrect.

FL-RR

FR-RL

I had to fix in in 2 phases.

Phase 1 swap rear tyres around:

FL-RR

RL-FR

Now left side is fixed.

Phase 2 wait to replace all 4 tyres, then ask the tyre guy to swap the tpms on right side from front to back.

RL-FR

FL-RR

This is how I corrected each tyre corner.

Now I know which tyre has incorrect tyre pressure at any given time.

2 hours ago, agent_dess said:

The calibration never worked for me and seller refunded my money but here is how I fixed it, my theory was whoever painted the wheels randomly shoved the tpms into each tyre, which is fine if you do not have a display to give you pressure readings because if the tpms light came on you would need to check all 4 corners anyway.  But the tpms would originally be registered to each corner correctly so when you add a display you would find some corners display incorrectly.

In my case 3 corner's were incorrect.

FL-RR

FR-RL

I had to fix in in 2 phases.

Phase 1 swap rear tyres around:

FL-RR

RL-FR

Now left side is fixed.

Phase 2 wait to replace all 4 tyres, then ask the tyre guy to swap the tpms on right side from front to back.

RL-FR

FL-RR

This is how I corrected each tyre corner.

Now I know which tyre has incorrect tyre pressure at any given time.

Got it.  I am considering another option which is to change the tire to sensor allocation using an OBD tool and app Tyre Assistant.  

This member here suggested that is possible. Haven't investigated further. 

• Like 1

Good news! Calibration worked!

The English translated Chinese instruction I got from the seller didn't fully cover it but once you understand, it is very simple.

These are the steps:

1. Get car in calibration mode: start engine until tire pressure display comes on (before this sequence i made sure the tire pressure display was selected). Then shut off. Do this 5 times. On the 6th start, the calibration mode is active.  

2. This is what you see in calibration mode: see first picture. To the wheel without dashes: let air out until a yellow coloured pressure is shown. I only had to let out a few tenths of bar.

3. Do the next tire that has no dashes shown (display updates automatically after previous step.

4. Repeat step 3 until no more tires without dashes. I had to repeat the whole sequence due to an error in the Chinese translation and on the 2nd try the last tire was not needed so i only did 3 tires.

The 2nd picture was from my first attempt when i did all 4 tires. 

I used 2 phones and a FaceTime video session for convenience so i could see my dash while out of the car (2nd picture is screenshot so bit blurry).

5. Shut off engine and restart. Not sure this was needed but did it anyway.

6. Inflate all tires to 2.5bar on the compressor (car shows 2.4) using the supplied compressor in my 300h. Nifty little device and quite useful.

6. Did the TPMS set (button under steering column.

Happy days!!

I believe this calibration sequence effectively is a TPMS relearn that you can also do with an OBD tool like Autel TS501 or Tire Assistant + dongle (Android only).

For those interested in TPMS and Toyota/Lexus, i found this video insightful ( Car Care Nut).

All you need to know about Tire Pressure Monitor For Toyota

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0537.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

i have a question.

I bought a Lexus IS300h F sport 2013. I only have the light for tyre pressure. Is it possible to get the monitoring sistem for each wheel or does this car not have this?

spacer.png

I have only the light on the right side. And i can not see the tyre pressure. Is it possible to get this whit some updates in the computer?

Thanks

5 hours ago, iztok said:

Hello

i have a question.

I bought a Lexus IS300h F sport 2013. I only have the light for tyre pressure. Is it possible to get the monitoring sistem for each wheel or does this car not have this?

spacer.png

I have only the light on the right side. And i can not see the tyre pressure. Is it possible to get this whit some updates in the computer?

Thanks

You need to buy the tpms module from eBay or AliExpress and make sure it compatible with your 2013 model.

2 hours ago, agent_dess said:

You need to buy the tpms module from eBay or AliExpress and make sure it compatible with your 2013 model.

Hello

Thanks for the answer. 

And how do i know which is compatible with my car? 

11 hours ago, agent_dess said:

I don't think I'm lucky. I have the C7 box. Is it possible to do that with this box? 

38 minutes ago, iztok said:

I don't think I'm lucky. I have the C7 box. Is it possible to do that with this box? 

You will need to check with the seller I'm afraid 

3 hours ago, agent_dess said:

3 hours ago, agent_dess said:

Ok. 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Boeryeoes said:

Mine wasn't the CX either.  Unit showed S and it still worked like a charm. 

What year is your car?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links