Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can you answer this question please?

It is simple matter of locked and unlocked ECUs. Other makes have unlocked ECUs i.e. just need right cable and one can program it. other makes have locked ECUs, meaning you can't open the content, can't modify it and can't re-flash it. Ferrari for example is known of locked ECUs, Toyota is another one, German cars usually unlocked and uses Bosch which is widely known to be easily programable (although Ferrari uses Bosch as well, so there are more exceptions than rules). Another big reason - Toyota is not big on turbocharged cars, nor diesels and ECU tuning on NA engines is painless, in short if there would be demand people would figure it out, but there isn't. And for cars there are - say Supra Mk4, it is simpler to get aftermarket ECU anyway, so again no demand to unlock and figure out how OEM Denso ECUs works. 

I know you could buy a modified ECU for the early LS400 models, they were called MINES ECUs and it was basically a plug and play swop for the original.

Fifteen year’s ago you could pick one up for £150.00 but now you’re looking at £1000s if you can find one!

http://www.mines-wave.com/english/CATALOG/ECU/VX-ROM_TOYOTA.htm

On 2/18/2022 at 6:05 PM, twin2urbo85 said:

So can I get a remap done on my ECU if it's locked?

It does occur to me that this is the kind of engine modification that Insurers might use to invalidate cover should their attention be drawn to it.

But of course, that’s unlikely.  Why would anyone’s attention be drawn to a car whose engine ‘‘pops and bangs’?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2022 at 10:02 AM, twin2urbo85 said:

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes I do like to do an F-U to the people that stare cos it is quite loud lol.

I have a full stainless steel exhaust so not too worried about blowing a hole through it lol.

I was just curious as to whether my Lexy could do it.

Check out a company called MForce tuning they make a pop bang tune a flame tune and a performance 20 hp tune for our is250s I live in the states though so I’m not sure if it is available in your area but for everyone who tells you it’s not possible is berry misinformed I have a buddy who pops his and shoots flames albeit small flames but still flames none the less

7 hours ago, Deahazo2is said:

Check out a company called MForce tuning they make a pop bang tune a flame tune and a performance 20 hp tune for our is250s I live in the states though so I’m not sure if it is available in your area but for everyone who tells you it’s not possible is berry misinformed I have a buddy who pops his and shoots flames albeit small flames but still flames none the less

Note as well - this is 2 years old thread, so some developments may have happened in mean time and somebody may have cracked the ECU or it may be just intercepts, which were available even before and triggers "cristmas tree mode" on your dash. 

Little problem:

POP&BANG - De-catted header is MANDATORY on Lexus and Toyota

Meaning this would make car 100% illegal on the road. That is £1000 fine + 6 points on the license (12 points and you have yourself a ban). I know US are lax (most states anyway) on car emissions, but in EU/UK de-cat is non-starter. 

As if that is not a problem - be prepared to live with always ON engine light... now sure you can say "they can programme that out for you as well"... they probably can, but that means you lose lambda/o2 and you will be running rich, stinking whole neighbourhood, you won't pass emissions and the car will be down on power. Well done ruining your car!

Needless to say - this is stupid. I am all for car modifications, but when they are stupid they are stupid. This is in the same category as excess negative camber.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

IS250’s have 3 ECU all of them are Denso the 4500/4600/4700

i have the 4600 which has an overrun table and allows you to do this. 
the ecu that ends in CAN is the best for what you want. 

2CB99E02-769B-4D6D-A8D6-761B62CD0BD9.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links