Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring up new XTRONS head unit

Hey everyone

After the demise of my USB input and Lexus no being able to diagnose it, I picked up an XTRONS android head unit to replace my GROM and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to wire it up. As mine is a 2010 facelift mine came with an additional harness to integrate with my mark Levinson audio. 

Anyone have any experience wiring these android head units up? My second harness mostly plugs into all the connectors from the factory but my original harness which has the CANBUS I can’t figure out how to wire that directly into the unit.

The result is non working audio, air conditioning not behaving correctly and various other minor issues. 

This is the unit I purchased, I considered a Teyes CC3 however as mine is a facelift vehicle the full screened version doesn’t work with my car.

https://xtrons.co.uk/lexus-various-android-10-octa-core-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-integrated-4g-solution-pma10isl

https://xtrons.co.uk/lexus-various-iso-wiring-harness-most

Look up Saab Unleashed on YouTube. He's the best android head unit reviewer there is and he shows how to install. But bear in mind he only installs in saabs but you'll get a good idea how to wire it.

What do you mean the full screen version won't work in your car? Full screen version of what?

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Look up Saab Unleashed on YouTube. He's the best android head unit reviewer there is and he shows how to install. But bear in mind he only installs in saabs but you'll get a good idea how to wire it.

What do you mean the full screen version won't work in your car? Full screen version of what?

I shall do Vlad cheers for the advice. In terms of the Teyes,  there are two distinct versions of the Teyes CC3, one is a full 10.1 inch screen and the other is a smaller version with traditional style buttons. The only one that would work with my facelift IS250 is the smaller button version and apparently the left hand side buttons don’t work either so that just seems similar to the GROM for me 

On the smaller screen version which is the same size as original, I'm talking about the CC3, the buttons on the touch screen have been disconnected on the left hand side. It's the buttons on the facia as on the OE unit that work making the CC3 look and operate as standard OE. It's the one I'll be getting later this year.

After some perseverance, limited support from XTRONS and messing around with the CANBUS settings I've managed to get this working! I'll need to go about doing some splicing to get the OEM reverse camera working with the car but I'll report back my findings on doing that when I get time. image.thumb.jpeg.b031f4816469dc8e65dee123830e7d81.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well done. The fit looks much better than I've seen on YouTube videos with the same kind of unit.

Thanks Vlad, the fit is pretty good so in that regard I have no complaints. The only gripe I have with this compared to my VLINE2 is that there is no wireless carplay support out of the box and that will require a dongle, I'm planning to also add TPMS and DAB also as well get the original OEM camera working. I am tempted by the prospect of a 360 camera but that is far too much work for me at the moment. 

Oh dear that's a shame about carplay. Didn't you research the headunit before buying it? I'm sure the ones I've read about have carplay and android auto. Mind you there's a few headunits like yours which look the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oh dear that's a shame about carplay. Didn't you research the headunit before buying it? I'm sure the ones I've read about have carplay and android auto. Mind you there's a few headunits like yours which look the same.

Oh it did clearly state carplay support but the manual makes reference to wireless carplay so whether it clarifies it does or not is a little hit and miss, in any case XTRONS customer support confirmed it didn’t but it’s not a deal breaker in the grand scheme of things 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links