Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Puddle light help please!

Localhero

11 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Neil

Graham's car was much noiser than him, but only just! 😂 He was not allowed to buy raffle tickets either..poor lad. He lives well north in Scotland now.

It is being held in neutral ground this year...its at a bar and restaurant carpark so I suppose anyone could go and park there.

This year there are no competitions or judging so that's a good!

Anyway it sounds like fate is putting you up here, so it's a no brainer....see you in the carpark!!!

Ant

We may have extradited him back home but he's still keeping tabs on us 😏

and I will probably head North in the ultra-rare unmodified GS460 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Russ

I don't Facebook but I was told about it and was shown the pic.

I did not know it was yours but certainty felt for the owner, I would be devastated!

Hoping to see you next Sunday!

Ant

I am gutted about the dent on my bonnet, it’s right above the strengthener on the underside, so don’t know if a dent repairer would be able to get to it🤔🤔

• Sad 1

Id be gutted too, but dont worry the good news is:

At the Sleaford meeting last year there was a really good dent repairer so he might be there again. He did one on my rear wing through behind the rear light cluster.

He did a brilliant job but wouldn't accept payment from me and even paid my lad for carrying his bag around for him while he did various repairs! 

If he is there again he will be able to get in even if he has to drill a tiny hole in the strengthener.

Ant

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

As much as it would be good to see you and your 460, I for one was wanting another look at your super modified SC!

The SC garage queen has been let out recently but it's always a project car and as is usual, far from being 'show ready.'  Apart from being dusty and dirty inside and out, there's a little more dash fabrication work underway.

IMG_4221.thumb.jpg.e6bb3c3a8de7bf9566c99d29b7c7fc9a.jpg

1135696715_IMG_42276601.thumb.jpg.0a7ce4c8e69ffc7040783a9b9dfcc006.jpg

And to keep the thread on track, I rolled it out of the garage this morning and took a couple of pics of the door logo lights.   

IMG_4216.thumb.jpg.395716c6ef16a8b0bd2a1bdbe9b353cf.jpg

IMG_4217.thumb.jpg.b5201e84a24eb7a6cf13cc9447523646.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Neil

Looking good mate. Did they fit well as Calvin from SC430 MODS comments on you tube about some of the ones being sold fitting poorly. 

Can you put a link on where you got them?

🐜

• Like 1

I have ordered some puddle lights from sc430mods.com but they are being sent to family in the US which is an awful lot cheaper and so I won't get them until the 1st week in August!

I will let you guys know how they fit in due course.

Screenshot_20220702-165006_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d287023b0b9f501dc28a0d16cb6368fa.jpgScreenshot_20220702-165032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.59fbb0f488e47e3397403bd9842e449b.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I have recieved and fitted the puddle lights from SC430MODS.COM and they fit really snug and work well. 

They are well worth the money as, speaking from experience buying cheap sometimes means buying twice.

All I have it a daytime pic

20220815_072954.thumb.jpg.84a4ee5c38ec87e4f3aab17f5c914560.jpg

• Like 1

They are well worth the money as, speaking from experience buying cheap sometimes means buying twice.

I'm sorry but I have to dispute the first part of that, although I'll agree that it sometimes means buying twice

A set of four for my RX was £11.00 including postage from AliExpress and they are perfect:

puddle.thumb.jpg.050bd5d2365d8b507ccf75c93b14bca7.jpg

• Like 1

Yes indeed and they look very nice too Herbs.

Calvin does the research and makes a little profit so that's fair enough for FB SC430 members but with 10 doors to consider I'll save a fortune and follow an LOC Grand Master. 👍 🤣

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Herbie said:

A set of four for my RX was £11.00 including postage from AliExpress and they are perfect:

That's good to know, Herbie, it is only when we hear of positive purchase experiences that some of us would be confident to purchase cheaper alternatives.

All hail Grand Master! 😁

I was tempted by this at AliExpress and I am getting more confidence to make the purchase.

Screenshot_20220601-000112_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b860a322df7f70c29a0b60d40bed20ab.jpg

I wonder if anyone out there has taken the plunge yet?

Anthony

• Like 2

I was tempted by this at AliExpress and I am getting more confidence to make the purchase.

Screenshot_20220601-000112_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b860a322df7f70c29a0b60d40bed20ab.jpg

Anthony

Now that is a lot of money and would take some confidence for me to spend that much. If you go for it, please keep us informed and I sincerely hope it works out well.

• Like 1

Thanks Herbie

I have a neighbour who bought a similar on from AliExpress and he was on pins until it was fitted and working but as you say it's a lot of money.

They reckon they have sold some for SC430'S so it would be good to hear from one of those people.

It also appears that it is designed for LHD looking at the position of the hazard light button and the roof button.

Anthony 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Herbie said:

I'm sorry but I have to dispute the first part of that, although I'll agree that it sometimes means buying twice

I also bought the one’s from SC430mods.com and they have been fine but obviously we’re more expensive.8E0AABD6-EDD2-4BBC-9436-B0A6F64EB6DF.thumb.jpeg.cb5d41cd5e1c1f2a4cde92cf5de049e1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I also bought the one’s from SC430mods.com and they have been fine but obviously we’re more expensive.8E0AABD6-EDD2-4BBC-9436-B0A6F64EB6DF.thumb.jpeg.cb5d41cd5e1c1f2a4cde92cf5de049e1.jpeg

Thanks Glyn, 

At least I'm not the only one that bought the expensive ones!

Besides Calvin is a great guy and is really interested in promoting SC430 and solving problems that other accessories suffer!

Anthony

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 8:02 AM, Lexiguy said:

Anthony

What? No cassette player! 🤣

I haven't seen one actually fitted to an SC430 here or in the US. It looks easy enough, plug and play for normal functions and then you can use the facilities to add what you need it to do. I think it may make the top screen redundant, I don't see any adjusting buttons. A new search might reveal the same product at a lower price £750 - £850 and check what it comes with as standard and what needs to be purchased separately for Carplay, DAB, etc. It says DVD but I think it means an external DVD player can be connected. Lots of research required Ant but a search revealed very little to me, even the supplier doesn't have a picture of one installed in their many product marketing slides.

It's a leap of faith but I've followed progress on similar units installed in the GS3 model and reports have been favourable, minor glitches for some apps have been fixed with software updates and it looks impressive in the car. 

• Thanks 1

After careful consideration I ordered puddle lights from Calvin at SC430MODS.COM.

I watched his YouTube clip of the installation several times and then proceeded to fit them.

This went really easy, the clipping out, wiring and refit with no problems.

This was on my tarmac drive last night and didn't do the clarity and intensity of the leds justice.

Truly a good product and plug and play!

20220823_205925.thumb.jpg.56dccc6f9c52ab471fdee0b3af9157cf.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links