Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Problems On Le

Had me IS200 LE a good few months now, washed it this weekend to find underneath the branke dust on both front alloys.

The alloy seems to be going a gold/copper colour and on the inners of the alloys it appears to be swelling up into little bubbles

What is this problem, anyway i can fix/stop it

A friend said it couldbe the heat from the brakes, but that dont sound right to me

Thanks in Advance

Andy

how long will it take them to fix that lil problem then?

of course with no front alloys my car wont be going very far

LExus should replace them under warranty.

But that still wont solve the problem, as the new wheels wont be laquered properly at the back too :angry:

Well in theory, any genuine Lexus part should come with it's own warranty from the date it was supplied/fitted. For alloys that should be at least a year. So, get Lexus to change them every year :)

The refurbished alloys I've just got are much more heavily lacquered, and the edges are all rounded, so they shouldn't rot (so quickly). Don't know if it's the same with refurb'ed LE wheels tho?

It really is time that Lexus (are you listening?) got this alloy wheel problem sorted out - if this problem now exists on LE wheels as well (and it sounds as if it might) it is a poor show and lets the cars and more importantly the customers down - come on Lexus sort it out - I have had far less distinguished and cheaper cars where this problem did not exist - my car is just over 6 moths old and is already showing very early signs or pitting - I clean and polish/wax my car and wheels regularly as well - I hate to think what the wheels would look like without regular cleaning - no doubt at some stage I will be asking for replacment wheels like many others before me have done so - I was also told that my wheels were improved because of lacquering etc - but I believe that I may have the older ones as the edges are not rounded off etc

just had my refurbished wheels fitted as old one were going and warranty only six months to go

agree with ukpulse they are heavily laquared and a dream to keep clean

why dont you ask your dealer to replace them with a set of these, they look better anyway :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links