Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Music Streaming

Wardair

Hi Steve

When I lost sat nav and flap movement I revisited all the connections I could find and reach but that did not cure the nav problem.

It was over two weeks later that the I lost my music. I retried all the plug in connections but to no avail.

I have made 9 short journeys (start ups) today and bizarrely on 3 of these times the radio came on!

Anthony 

23 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Steve

When I lost sat nav and flap movement I revisited all the connections I could find and reach but that did not cure the nav problem.

It was over two weeks later that the I lost my music. I retried all the plug in connections but to no avail.

I have made 9 short journeys (start ups) today and bizarrely on 3 of these times the radio came on!

Anthony 

So are both the radio and satnav covers working okay?

I would simply take it apart and carefully re-install it all, making sure all of the connections are good. It only takes a few minutes with the plug and play stuff. 

Thanks Steve 

I will have another go to see if it cures it 

Both the sat nav and the sat nav cover are not working.

The radio works intermittently (a mind of its own switching on and off mid journey or works for hours) but the radio cover works fine.

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken the heated seat switch panel out and the centre console. When I moved the wires the CD and music came back on! 😁 Then went off! ☹️ But I noticed all the display was functioning and lighting up, just no music! 🤔

When I put the ignition on the sat nav flap went up and it operated for the first time in ages!

Loose connection me thinks but I am at a loss where! 🤷‍♂️

Eureka I know what was wrong, it was the male end on the y lead for Bluetooth music.

The outer two pins on the plug were loose and slid back into the block when it was plugged into the female part.

So armed with that knowledge, a bit of insulation tape and great care it appears to now be well connected!

20220626_143453.thumb.jpg.b697c2519ad8c82a3245366c4cafff1e.jpg20220626_143443.thumb.jpg.0eddc2b31693d2153baac92cb060f728.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, Lexiguy said:

Eureka I know what was wrong, it was the male end on the y lead for Bluetooth music.

The outer two pins on the plug were loose and slid back into the block when it was plugged into the female part.

So armed with that knowledge, a bit of insulation tape and great care it appears to now be well connected!

20220626_143453.thumb.jpg.b697c2519ad8c82a3245366c4cafff1e.jpg20220626_143443.thumb.jpg.0eddc2b31693d2153baac92cb060f728.jpg

Hi Ant,

That sounds like pretty poor build quality, did you get it from the same place I used? It has made me want to have a look at mine again sometime although all is working fine atm.

One slightly annoying thing for me is the phone seems to set its volume mid level on first connection with the BT module and I then have to turn the phone volume up to get the sound at same level as the car radio/CD. It may just be a quirk of my phone/settings and it is not a big deal really.

Martin

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links