Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H advice needed

Hey guys, so I’ve had my is300h (2014) for almost a year now, I love how the car looks, and In the beginning I loved how it performed, now I need a bit more performance and looks, wondering if anyone has any advice on increasing the power on the car, and maybe some visual upgrades like rims and body kits. 

basically any information about the is300h would be appreciated lads.

many thanks 

On 6/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, royoftherovers said:

If you want Power and Performance Waleed, my view is that you have bought the wrong car.

Think Audi, BMW or Subaru.

Let`s see what others think.

I’ve owned Lexus / Toyotas throughout my driving history (14 years), I know I brought the right car 😜 

• Confused 2

On 6/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, Simplicity said:

I’ve owned Lexus / Toyotas throughout my driving history (14 years), I know I brought the right car 😜 

The IS300H is probably the least tunable car going. Sure, 2 models back, the Toyota derived IS300 with its straight-six engine is well known for being tuned. 1 model back, there was an IS-F with a very nice V8 engine which is also available today in the USA. The model you have was also available with a V6 2.5 litre engine and also with a turbo-charged 2.0 litre 4 cylinder - both with traditional auto boxes.

But the IS300H has an e-CVT and a big lump of a 4 cylinder 2.5 litre engine. This is renouned for its efficiency, but not for its tunability. Even if you could get some parts to make it go faster (and to the best of my knowledge, you can't - neither on the IC side nor the electrical side), then the rest of the car would be unsuited to the performance uplift.

Some have spoken of lowered suspension, but as the IS300H will happily scrape its belly far too easily on road "yumps" and any speedbump taken at more than 20MPH, then I can't see this being a good idea either.

The transmission is also terrible if you want to go fast. Think of 1980's turbo-lag, and you'll have the idea (except, it's not caused by a turbo, but the delay in response is the same or worse).

If the above makes the IS300H sound like a terrible car, then let me assure you it's not. Its a fantastic car for everyday motoring and cruising. But for driving fast, no!

Others have gone down the road of blacked-out windows, after market wheels, de-chroming, spoilers, etc but in my (very subjective) opinion, I think the standard car looks terrific and I wouldn't touch it if you want to avoid the "Halfords look"

Why not just relax your driving style and use the car as it was designed. If you want more performance, then you will just have to accept you bought the wrong car. Sorry!

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links