Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, new on here.

I have an is 250 se-i 2010.

I'm trying to find out if the lights are H11. And I'd so, can I upgrade them to a brighter bulb as mine are yellow ish and I would like white.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

You're welcome. The headlamp washers are only on cars with HID lights, so it's an easy way to tell if you need halogen bulbs or not.

I can personally recommend Osram Cool Blue Intense bulbs. Had them in my high beams for the past 4 years and they have a nice white/light blueish hue.

Great, I will order osram cool blue on monday and fit them next weekend.

I replaced the 501's to LED and they work great. A bit fiddly what with removing covers  but ok.

Again, thank you for your advice.

Neville.

• 2 weeks later...

I changed my stock halogens with aftermarket HIDs and high beam with LEDs l. The difference is night and day. However, I'm not from the UK so I can't confirm whether doing so is legal there.

Low beams are H11 and high beams are HB3.

It’s Not!

After market HID need head lamp washers fitting and the lens reflection pattern won’t be compatable with the LED’s also 🙄

6 minutes ago, Texas said:

It’s Not!

After market HID need head lamp washers fitting and the lens reflection pattern won’t be compatable with the LED’s also 🙄

Correct.  Aftermarket HIDS puts it outside type approval in UK and MOT testers now have to pay more attention to lights.  There were many aftermarket HIDS wrongly fitted in inappropriate headlamps that were causing dazzle to oncoming drivers due to 'scatter' and non having constantly adjustable motorised headlights.  It might technically be possible to do this by fitting  headlight washers,  headlights of the correct type and other parts as originally fitted for originally equipped cars but it would be enormously expensive unless parts sourced from breakers and highly competent electrician to wire up.  I know this because I did it on my BMW but was helped by retrofitting instruction disc from BMW and all the necessary parts from eBay and an electrician who said he wouldn't want to do another one!  The car already had headlamp washers which helped. The genuine xenons on dipped make a really big difference.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links