Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How LS430 Air Suspension Works (Video)

Hi all,

I recently made a video about how the air suspension works on a Lexus LS430 rom a technical point of view, thought I'd post it here in case it's of use to anyone. Also applies to LS460 and LS600H I believe.

I also have a video on my channel on how to retrofit OEM parking sensors if anyone wants to check that out.

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 12:06 PM, TessierAshpool said:

Hi all,

I recently made a video about how the air suspension works on a Lexus LS430 rom a technical point of view, thought I'd post it here in case it's of use to anyone. Also applies to LS460 and LS600H I believe.

I also have a video on my channel on how to retrofit OEM parking sensors if anyone wants to check that out.

Thanks

Thinking of buying my 1st lexus LS430, but I see a lot of people run their car on conventional  shocks and springs, what I need to know is which set up, air suspension  or shocks/springs gives the most COMFORTABLE  ride on our severely  pot holed roads ?

Thank you.

Jerry welcome to this forum

....  much reading of the experts on here views, with these cars, on both styles, will probably reveal that there is just about zero comfort difference 

The main difference is the future comfort to your pocket in ££££ of NOT having the risk and cost of air going kaput at some time 

BUT I'm sure others here will give you their well considered and expertise thoughts, from actual and real time day to day use 

Best wishes

Malc

Welcome Jerry :thumbup:

From what I see on the US forums, there isn't much difference between air and coil sprung systems in terms of comfort.
Personally, I have driven a few coil sprung LS400s and a few air sprung LS430/460s and the 400s felt softer, but I think the difference there was that the 400s were all on 16" rims and the 430/460s on 17/18" so less sidewall height.
In terms of reliability, the air systems normally last over 200k miles here in the UK, but in the hotter US states they die sooner, probably due to the heat damaging the rubber.
Mine has 135k miles and (touch wood) no signs of any issues yet. They are more complex than coil springs so there is more to go wrong and more £££ to fix when they do, but I do like to be able to lift her an inch or two when the need arises. :driving:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links