Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220D 2008 CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START!

Tesla1985

Hi everyone

Recently, I was driving to work. I took a turn off from a roundabout and then put my foot down on the gas to accelerate when there was a large `jolt' and the car just cut out and stopped. I tried restarting the car but to no avail. I had 3/4 tank of diesel. I waited for RAC who came and said he could not find the problem so got towed home. Since that time I have searched all over the net and changed the following

replaced in-tank fuel pump

replaced injector control box

replace suction control valve

repalced fuel rail (with both sensors)

I have purchased a foxwell diagnostic tool and also purchased the toyota/lexus program for it. I have no fault codes present. Live data tells me that there is no fuel pressure present. I have read that it may be the high pressure pump at the back of the engine, but isnt this mechanical and is operated by the the engine running? The fuel priming works ok, when initiated I have loads of pressure up to the high pressure pump, but again live data shows no fuel pressure.

any ideas please?

• 1 month later...

I can prime the fuel to the HPP but when I stop priming the fuel draws back to the fuel tank leaving no fuel at the HPP. I prime the fuel again but it just stops at the HPP and I get a live data reading of 0 fuel pressure at the rail

Have you done a ‘search’ on this forum for key words of your symptoms? Cause you sure ain’t the first ( or will be the last ) to have a defective 220 engine🙄

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what or where the common rail pressure sensor 2 is. Is this the sensor at the end of the common rail? Reason i'm asking is my live data shows fuel pressure of 360 but no pressure at the common rail sensor 2

pressure sensor is at the end of the common rail - nearest the front of the vehicle I believe.

I don't think there is a second sensor, that just seems like generic diagnostic equipment allowing for a second rail (V engine) and would therefore rear 0 on a single rail engine (Inline engine).

Same happened to me mines is a is200d engine runs with easy start sprayed in the air box it’s getting diesel up to the fuel rails it’s as if diesels not going through injectors my mechanic not got a clue before mines cut out my traction control light flashed then just cut out won’t start again sore head 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links