Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300 F-Sport Rip in Door Panel

Over the past few weeks I've seem to have developed a rip on the drivers side inner door panel of my F-Sport. No idea how this has come about but the position of the rip is where your arm/elbow would naturally sit when driving. Not a heavy user of the car either (I work from home so it gets out about once or twice or week), but I've noticed the rip is increasing in length from when it was first spotted.

Has anyone else come across this?
Can this small panel be replaced or would i have to replace the whole panel?
Is it possible to be repaired?

Thanks in advance

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG

I reckon it could be fixed, however it will never be completely hidden, indeed it may be cheaper just to find matching colour panel at breakers and replace it.  Prices are not high, but I am not sure how likely is to find driver side panel in good condition and same colour. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403664208651

The leather bit (red vinyl) can be removed after removing whole door panel, however at that point you may as well just to put whole new panel if you have it, rather than transferring just leather piece. I guess this would only make sense if you get passenger door card from US or Europe, in which case it will be necessary to transfer just the leather bit.

As well just note - there are real leather and vinyl pieces in same colour, your one seems like vinyl. So just make sure you get same material as it may have slightly different colour. 

• Like 2

Repairable, but requires some skill and know how. From the look of it, an underlying patch glued in to hold things together and some mild coloring and texturing to blend. Like this:

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for their responses above - really appreciate it.

Can anyone recommend a repairer? I live in the North West of the UK if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links