Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Upgrade

I have a 2017 NX300H Luxury. I have been quoted £275 by Lexus to update my sat nav. Does anyone know of any other options to update it as the price seems excessive 

1 hour ago, WML said:

I have a 2017 NX300H Luxury. I have been quoted £275 by Lexus to update my sat nav. Does anyone know of any other options to update it as the price seems excessive 

There isn't unfortunately.

13 hours ago, WML said:

It certainly does seem excessive, especially when you think you can get a far superior Garmin system for £260!

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/720310/pn/010-02471-12

And that will include free regular updates.  As well as many other features that you may - or may not - regard as useful.

Many people use their smart phones with appropriate navigation apps.

Either way, you’ll be getting a far superior satnav system than the clunky Lexus offering.  Sadly, despite its convenient location, it’s simply not worth spending any money on.  There are companies that claim to provide updated data SD Cards, but even if true - and the one company I tried never bothered to respond to emails - you’re still stuck with the vastly inferior operating system.

I suggest there are better way to spend your money!

I have an NX300h & whilst i love the car I loath the infotainment Unit & in particular the Sat Nav which is without doubt the worse I ever come across. It's such a pity.

I've seen online videos about replacing the Head unit with a Carplay Android one that provides google maps & all sorts of other goodies however I can't seem to find out which units are best (& which to avoid). Has anyone experience of having the head  (display unit changed) & which unit they bought. I've got an auto electrician ready to fit it but he's waiting for me to buy the unit. Any advice very gratefully received

42 minutes ago, Achenstrasse said:

I have an NX300h & whilst i love the car I loath the infotainment Unit & in particular the Sat Nav which is without doubt the worse I ever come across. It's such a pity.

I've seen online videos about replacing the Head unit with a Carplay Android one that provides google maps & all sorts of other goodies however I can't seem to find out which units are best (& which to avoid). Has anyone experience of having the head  (display unit changed) & which unit they bought. I've got an auto electrician ready to fit it but he's waiting for me to buy the unit. Any advice very gratefully received

You don't need to replace the entire head unit if you go for something like the Grom Vline2

OK, it's not cheap and it isn't perfect, but it isn't far off and it's so close that I'm confident that a firmware upgrade in the not too distant future will get it there. If you ever need support then the guys are in the States so there's no language barrier and they are very helpful.

The best thing about this unit is that it's a full-blown Android tablet. apple Carplay and Android Auto are quite restrictive with which apps you can load and use but this unit isn't. Any app from the Google Play Store can be downloaded to, and run directly from, the Vline. No need to use ACP/AA at all.

I did this (admittedly poor) bit of a review that may help. I'll have to do an updated one soon, but for now:

15 hours ago, Achenstrasse said:

4x4shop.ca  are very good. I'm also thinking to buy a unit and replace the factory one.

On 8/12/2022 at 5:36 PM, WML said:

If you want to update just the software why don't you buy the sd card from eBay?

This is how I've updated mine and is super simple to do it. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links