Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When i bought my gs I noticed a slight judder at 60.. thinking it was the balancing I went and had them balanced.

Noticed I still had a judder so as I had warped disks i thought i would wait until those were replaced.

Anyway.. last weekend I had the wheels refurbed as they were bad.

Today i wnt for a rebalance and to my horror I watched the wheels being balanced and all 4 are buckled... Sorry all 5 !!!!

These wheels more or less ought to be square thats how buckled.

So, I have come to the conclusion that the sport wheels are crap! another balls up by Lexus fitting cacky wheels.

I now have to get another grand together and buy something different that will not buckle as easy.

If you have sport wheels then get them checked out... if you are test driving a sport also do a motorway check... if you get a vibration then it is down the the cacky wheels more or less.

colin

what are the series 2 wheels like?

Will these look ok on a series 1?

Shame because as the car is a sport but adding different wheels the car is now gonna look like a fake sport!

Not heard of problems with the series II OZ sport wheels but you never know. They are expensive - much more than the series I wheels.

Somebody in LOC had a series I with series II wheels. Never saw a picture - I think they have sold the car now.

I did get a price from Chris last year. Over £300 each and I'm not sure if that is with centre caps (which are £33 each).

There are 3 on eBay at the moment (no centre caps) - I have 6 of them so I can let one go but I haven't tested if any of those are buckled.

i do like thiose wheels mind.. very nice!

but not sure what the car will look like.

also i want to keep the same tyres.. do you know if they are the same size colin?

Steve i think there is more to this maybe due to the machine used to balance your wheels .Mine are the origonal wheels and are not in perfect condition and when i had mine done last at quick fit 3 of them were found to be buckled ,i asked them to take them to a different branch that had a newer and far better machine and all wheels were fine .i also had a puncture repaired a few weeks ago and the wheel was fine .get another opinion as four buckled wheels on your car would have felt terrible at any speed ,and if all else fails they are about £180 from lexus :) .

My origonal series II wheels only lasted 3 years on my GS300 Sport B4 the problems began... I found I was losing about 4lb pressure a week from each of the tyres. Called in at a local tyre place to have them resealed but this did not cure the problem.Got the wheels off the car & poured washing up liquid around the rim... the local kids thought the bubble show was fantastic... all the rims were buckled in various places. As the rims were badly peeling & looked a mess I decided to purchase a new set. The dealers prices brought tears to my wallet so I called in at a local Manchester Wheel shop to look at options. Opted for a set of OZ Super L's (19inch) together with 255x19x35 tyres...£2500 all in.

The wheel shop had seen an increase in trade since the speed bumps had taken up residence in the area. As the guy said "the lower the profile the less tyre to cushion the impact..... buckle time. I know the Lexus series II sport wheels were made by OZ but I am hoping these newer OZ's are more durable.. :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links