Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Betsy gets let loose!

Mincey

The A1 from Peterborough to Stamford has a 40mph average speed camera limit at the moment. No idea why - I've been up and down it several times on weekdays and weekend and there's no sign of anyone doing any work. Anyway, I digress. This morning, on a mission to see my mother in Stamford, I hit cruise control and rubbed my eyes then thought "Hmm, let's see what this lane steering thingy does". Well, I can tell you I was quite impressed. I'd not do it normally but in a 40mph limit on a deserted A1, it was quite fun to drive along with my feet away from the pedals and my hands behind my head. Betsy maintained perfect position between the kerb and the centre white line for the majority of the drive. There were a couple of warnings to put my hands back on the wheel - I'm guessing that this was when the lines got a bit faint. 

• Like 3

I use it quite often on motorways and the A1, incidentally if I take my hands off the steering wheel for more than a few seconds I get a warning on the heads up display, I find it useful but I do get bored with it on so turn it off so I can drive normally…….although it’s obviously not a drivers car in any shape or form according to certain reviewers 

7 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

Like the adaptive cruise and spacing, but not the LTA.  Don’t like the idea of having to indicate on deserted roads to override LTA. Hope you had a good journey.

Very first thing l do is turn off LTA when l start the car, l enquired at the dealer if this can be turned off permanently like other models but apparently not, it defaults to on each time ignition is turned on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

So do I, when I remember! A pain having to stop then turn the bugger off.  I’ll have to put a prompt on the dash.

As stated by Neil “ Default when ignition is TURNED on”

On 8/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, mng70 said:

You shouldn’t need to stop to turn it off. Just press and hold the button until it disengages.  

You were right Nigel. I probably didn’t hold the button down long enough.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

You were right Nigel. I probably didn’t hold the button down long enough.

I think by default it is what I would call "kinda" on. It will try wrestle with you if you cross a white line, which can be annoying in town when moving around poorly parked cars etc. If you press it again and the light turns green it becomes "fully" active to follow the lines. With cruise control active I think it is the same scenario with the default light being to veer away from white lines and green being follow the road. 

Happy to be shot down in flames if this interpretation is incorrect. I've only played about with it a bit and tend to just deactivate it as soon as the engine comes on. Mainly due to our local sleeping policemen and the way people have to park makes it a work out to drive into town. It can be somewhat disconcerting when driving along the front of the local hospital where one direction of traffic has to drive down the middle of the road and the car is trying to pull you towards the parked cars. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links