Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 Lexus NX rear tracking

Last month I had my MOT. Whilst the car was on the ramp the tester commented that the inner rear drivers tyre was starting to wear and that I should get the tracking adjusted.

I took it to Kwik Fit for them to check it. The front was spot on but the back was out on both wheels. The guys in Kiwk fit said that they couldn’t adjust it as it was a dealer only kind of thing. 

So, has anyone had this done in the past? How much would you expect to pay for it? I can scan the print out in if anyone would like to see how far it was out. 

38 minutes ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

Last month I had my MOT. Whilst the car was on the ramp the tester commented that the inner rear drivers tyre was starting to wear and that I should get the tracking adjusted.

I took it to Kwik Fit for them to check it. The front was spot on but the back was out on both wheels. The guys in Kiwk fit said that they couldn’t adjust it as it was a dealer only kind of thing. 

So, has anyone had this done in the past? How much would you expect to pay for it? I can scan the print out in if anyone would like to see how far it was out. 

Not sure about the NX but on my IS 300h wear on the inner of the rear tyres is normal due to the way the cars are setup and so unless excessive wear it's nothing to worry about. I replace rears when about 3mm left in the centre of the tread though the inners are a bit less than this. If you do want them adjusting it will need a full 4 wheel alignment doing. Cost will be some £100. Worth seeing if anyone local to you on here has a good recommendation as many tyre places will make matters worse (I speak from multiple experiences with previous cars...) 

I thought that too, as most of my other cars have had some sort of camber, however, it seems that only the driver's side rear tyre is starting to wear on the inside.

To be fair, the guys in Kwik Fit did explain that if they were to change anything then everything would need to be re-aligned, however they said that this could have an adverse effect on the lane keeping assist. I didn't do anything with it, however my service is due next month, so I was thinking of asking them to look at, however I don't want them to charge £100 just to say yes It's out, we can't adjust, that's how it is, but buy a new tyre. 

Is your next service a major one? IIRC suspension geometry is checked as part of the service (was on my RC). Obviously if anything needs adjusting they would advise and it would be an extra charge

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Is your next service a major one? IIRC suspension geometry is checked as part of the service (was on my RC). Obviously if anything needs adjusting they would advise and it would be an extra charge

It is yes!  It’s the 4 year one. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links