Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels and tyres for sale.

Paul weeks

On 10/7/2022 at 8:21 AM, Lexiguy said:

Hi Paul

Lexus SC430 wheels fit other models in the Lexus range so it would widen your scope of potential buyers to confirm exactly which ones from a reliable source.

You could then advertise them on here in the Wheels and Tyres section or Sell Parts and Accessories.

You could always put looking for £500 and they are off a SC430 but it is believed they fit other Lexus models.

Be aware the lug nuts seats may differ on the aftermarket wheels from the original fitment so it's imperative that issue is considered as you you may want to advertise the Wheels with lug nuts.

Good luck, Anthony

Screenshot_20221007-082031_Google.thumb.jpg.2fe4827f77c9b2fe349e462f4a1b5c24.jpg

I am looking for a spare wheel and tyre to use while I refurbish my 2002 SC430 and can’t find anything on eBay but being new I only just noticed your comment about other Lexus models which SC wheels can be fitted to - so vice versa obviously. 

Can you, or anyone else, advise which other models have compatible wheels that I could use on mine until I complete my refurb please?

Thanks

Anthony

Wheels are 18" diameter x 8" width   ET 45

PCD 5 x 114.3    Centre bore/Hub 60.1mm       

Tyres 245 40 ZR 18

I think 18" GS wheels are similar, just look for wheels with the same specs.  

32 minutes ago, gc0700 said:

I used the Toyota/Lexus G-Spider's https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-is-phase-2-18-g-spider-front-alloy-wheel/

These are 8", as per Neil's comment.

Tim

For a standard Lexus wheel I always quite liked these.

Lexus OEM Genuine 18" Machined Tourmaline Alloy WHEELS SET 08457-30815

9629FC9E-7721-4F2F-A599-3D77F62BC084.thumb.png.7563a80f880194f4ea1590580fa08c85.png

• Like 1

Thanks guys, both very nice but I am really just looking for a cost effective option as a spare whilst I refurb the existing wheels and I also favour the 5 spoke design personally , and as mentioned would ideally like another matching wheel which I can store and keep after the refurb as a spare/ backup in the future (once I replace the runflats with normal tyres).

Although logically I suppose that the sensible long term choice is really to go for a space saver in the boot - but that’s also a long way off, bearing in mind that I”m retired and I only do very low mileage these days, and also that the existing Dunlop runflats which I inherited with the car are nearly new, so they will last for a couple of years at least. 

So I’ll continue to keep looking and hope 🙏 something comes up over the next few weeks before the Spring weather warms up 😎and I start the refurb. The wheel spec that Neil provided ( 👍) is really going to help widen the search for a cost effective solution and I have saved and used that search parameter already on eBay. So just waiting for something suitable to turn up before I start. 

Just did a quick search on eBay (SC430 wheels - used) and there are a few, that would fit from £50 upwards. I think the Soarer 17 inch space-saver fits over the brakes too. 

There are also a few places in Sussex that could refurb them in a day for around £300. The runflats are practical but they really do spoil the ride and the enjoyment of the car.   

Thanks Neil, as it happens I negotiated a good deal for a matching alloy ( minus pie plate and tyre) on eBay earlier. It also needs a little refurb but better than my worst one. 

So I can start by doing that one first and then getting a tyre fitted before I continue with the rest. I did think about getting a space saver but since my nearly new runflats will last for another couple of years at least ( because I’m retired and don’t do much mileage anymore) it made more sense to get and keep a fifth wheel instead. 

Not sure if I can get away with a normal tyre though (?), but think it should be okay - I’ve already disconnected the TPMS connectors. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links