Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

speed camera alerts

Just taken delivery of my nx350h (premium pack) after waiting 9 months,only to find out it does not come with speed camera alerts.very disappointed,i am informed it is a default setting on google maps,cannot see it on google maps,must be in settings but cannot find settings.Anybody help please. 

It's on my 450+h, but the alert is relatively discrete and you can miss the alert if you have the radio on too loud.  I use the TomTom app after connecting my phone to the head unit

• 5 weeks later...

I have just tested it on a long trip.  The speed cameras show up, but apparently only if you have set a destination and are using route guidance.  As soon as you end guidance (by clicking on the X in the right corner, the speed camera icons disappear from the map! So unless I have made a mistake or missed a setting, the speed cameras are not on the map unless you enter a destination.  Also, the beep is warning you is only on if you have the voice guidance activated; if this is muted the beep is not sounded.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:39 PM, johns250 said:

Just taken delivery of my nx350h (premium pack) after waiting 9 months,only to find out it does not come with speed camera alerts.very disappointed,i am informed it is a default setting on google maps,cannot see it on google maps,must be in settings but cannot find settings.Anybody help please. 

I have just tested it on a long trip.  The speed cameras show up, but apparently only if you have set a destination and are using route guidance.  As soon as you end guidance (by clicking on the X in the right corner, the speed camera icons disappear from the map! So unless I have made a mistake or missed a setting, the speed cameras are not on the map unless you enter a destination.  Also, the beep is warning you is only on if you have the voice guidance activated; if this is muted the beep is not sounded.

I find it annoying that one has to set a destination to see the camera icons, but then that also triggers traffic alerts I suppose.  I think I prefer the previous system, it had more functionality, easier to see traffic issues.

1 hour ago, Deb said:

You need Lexus Link Pro

1 hour ago, Deb said:

Don't think it's available on smaller screen

Hi Deb. I have the large screen in the new car: and it does show the cameras, but only when a destination is set.  But I will explore further why the camera icons disappear.

13 hours ago, AlanDL said:

What is good is that the distance to the camera shows up in the bottom left of the screen, and I think whether it is a single camera or average speed camera.  I find the manual completely unhelpful in providing detail of the types of icon and what the colour of the roads represent.

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

On the ux250 you only get a beep, and you don't need to set any destination it's automatic 

same on my NX450 so must be a settings issue with @AlanDL.

However, the map data is so much out of date I wouldn’t rely on it. I also get the “roadworks in 1 mile” alert when no route is set but on more than 2 occasions now it is for roadworks that I know for definite were finished well over 1 year ago and one set over 2 years ago. So much for the Lexus claim of “continuous up to date over the air updates”

This latest Lexus system is just as crap as it was on my 2018 RX, a classic case of mis-selling!

Just done a journey, and the speed cameras showed up (with beep) on the map without setting a destination.  Maybe when they disappeared from the map after turning off the guidance the system didn't recalibrate or reload or something, which made the icons disappear.  Anyway, it is working, so apologies for any misleading information on my part.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 10:23 AM, Mattsneaker said:

Apple maps works fine, if you have an iPhone

I find apple Maps aren't so great.
When using them in London I got a little lost and put in a pub I know as a reference point to get to.

Wandering about the streets I was sure "it's here somewhere" but apple Maps couldn't find it.
They couldn't even "see" the pub at all, I turned round and the boozer was behind me.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:46 AM, Mattsneaker said:

Back to speed camera alerts - confirmed this morning that when just driving (no nav) using the inbuilt map you do get a beep when approaching a speed camera (14” screen)

Is it the same as the previous NX?
Mine bongs even when not using the built in maps, too quiet though and easily missed with my old deaf ears

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links