Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New LC500h owner here

HybridLC

Hello all,

First of all, thank you to the admins for such a well organize group. Loving the member discounts and the forum information, really useful tools. Thank you also to all of you that posted here lots of information, it´s been such a great help for me...

I just bought a used Lexus LC500h sports plus 2017 with 39k miles on it, in grey. Interior is red and black. I am not a friend of chrome, so the first thing I´ve done is blacking out the front trim, the trim above the taillights, and the chrome arches. Right now I am in the process to try and update the maps, got the code and downloading them now...wish me luck!!

IMG_20221009_125807690_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221009_125826597_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221009_125900984_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum.

Beautiful car. Congratulation.

Chrome is for old American cars, Elvis Presley style. Big and imposing.

Not possible to get the rear lisence plate in white? Yellow would fit a yellow car. Or a multicolour car.

volkswagen-polo-harlequin-1996-goodwood-

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Welcome to the forum.

Beautiful car. Congratulation.

Chrome is for old American cars, Elvis Presley style. Big and imposing.

Not possible to get the rear lisence plate in white? Yellow would fit a yellow car. Or a multicolour car.

volkswagen-polo-harlequin-1996-goodwood-

Thanks!

The legal rear plate in the UK is yellow, you can of course have something else like a show plate but you risk getting a hefty fine.

2 hours ago, Brian R said:

Looking good and I'm sure you will be delighted with the car.👍

Thanks friend. Like I mentioned, it's a beautiful car. But what surprised me the most is how amazing it is inside. The LC500 cabin is a very nice place to be.

I have never had a Lexus before, so I guess that this is the norm for them.

19 hours ago, HybridLC said:

Right now I am in the process to try and update the maps, got the code and downloading them now...wish me luck!!

Hi there and lovely car.  Just wanted to ask.  Are you downloading the update to a USB stick and then updating the maps via a USB port in the car (probably in the centre storage) or are you performing an Over the Air (OTA) update by connecting your car to the WiFi?

Reason I ask is that if you perform an OTA update, the speed camera notification sound will be broken, whereas in the proper USB update, it works perfectly.

44 minutes ago, Neo_gsf said:

Hi there and lovely car.  Just wanted to ask.  Are you downloading the update to a USB stick and then updating the maps via a USB port in the car (probably in the centre storage) or are you performing an Over the Air (OTA) update by connecting your car to the WiFi?

Reason I ask is that if you perform an OTA update, the speed camera notification sound will be broken, whereas in the proper USB update, it works perfectly.

Hi there. I downloaded the 2022 maps to my computer, and tonight I'll pass that onto a 32GB flash USB drive and with that and the code, install the update in the car. I hope it works, because I know some people have had problems, and even the dealership was unable to update them, what makes me doubt...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HybridLC said:

Hi there. I downloaded the 2022 maps to my computer, and tonight I'll pass that onto a 32GB flash USB drive and with that and the code, install the update in the car. I hope it works, because I know some people have had problems, and even the dealership was unable to update them, what makes me doubt...

Yep - that's the way to update it - good luck.  One tip when entering the Device ID and validation codes into the website is that an uppercase letter "i" looks the same as a lowercase letter "L" so that threw me the fist time I entered the code!

Makes sure the flash drive is fat32 formatted too

18 hours ago, serbarry said:

Hi Sergio and welcome from an homonym. Congratulations on the car even though I am not a fan of black. 

Thanks friend! The car is dark grey, but I am not gonna deny that with the chrome accents blacked out it looks quite black...

19 hours ago, Neo_gsf said:

Yep - that's the way to update it - good luck.  One tip when entering the Device ID and validation codes into the website is that an uppercase letter "i" looks the same as a lowercase letter "L" so that threw me the fist time I entered the code!

Makes sure the flash drive is fat32 formatted too

Thanks for the help! Update didn't work. I formatted the flash drive, that part worked flawlessly, same with the device ID, all worked out and no problems. Only after putting the required code in the Lexus tech website, an error message appears. And if I try to use the activation code I got when I purchased the maps, also an error message. I've read in the map update post, that is an error that means that Lexus database have an incorrect activation code for my car...I tried contacting them, let's see what happens.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links