Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

best bluetooth for 2002 sc ?

hondansxr

54 minutes ago, hondansxr said:

as above whats best unit cheers

I have a 2004 SC and found that most makes of Bluetooth only fit 2005 and above.

I contacted “Grom” about it and sent a pic of the back of my radio plugs and they said it would work, it didn’t, so I got a refund.

Since then, “SC430mods” in America have done one to fit 2005 and below. I haven’t fitted one so don’t know if it works or not. The guys name is Calvin and has his own Facebook page. Also on YouTube.

• Like 1

I've had had the SC430 mods one fitted in my 2004 for just over a year now and it has worked perfect for me.  it is a good price, easy to fit and hidden in the centre console. It works very well for phone calls and streaming music over Bluetooth from my phone.  However if you listen to radio or tape or CD's the volume is reduced by about 50% in my estimation.  Calvin is aware of this and so this may not now be case with the one's he now sells.  I only use the phone and stream music from my Iphone so it is not an issue for me.  Interestingly on the SC to the right of the overhead interior light is a place that was intended for a microphone to be fitted and I have fitted mine there so it is also out of sight.  The only thing I had to do was to fit an extension cable to the microphone cable as it wasn't long enough to get to mic position.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 1:58 PM, Glyn Jennings said:

I've had had the SC430 mods one fitted in my 2004 for just over a year now and it has worked perfect for me.  it is a good price, easy to fit and hidden in the centre console. It works very well for phone calls and streaming music over Bluetooth from my phone.  However if you listen to radio or tape or CD's the volume is reduced by about 50% in my estimation.  Calvin is aware of this and so this may not now be case with the one's he now sells.  I only use the phone and stream music from my iPhone so it is not an issue for me.  Interestingly on the SC to the right of the overhead interior light is a place that was intended for a microphone to be fitted and I have fitted mine there so it is also out of sight.  The only thing I had to do was to fit an extension cable to the microphone cable as it wasn't long enough to get to mic position.

Sc430mods.com is now selling a new improved version for $95 which now doesn’t drop the volume when listening to radio. I have ordered one myself.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links