Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electronic rear view mirror

2 hours ago, hintonwood said:

I am 99% certain it doesn’t.

No SD card, no red button to press to save files and the lens is no good to record when something is very close to the rear of the car and fills the screen.

Thanks , seams like a lost opportunity as the camera is already there 🤔

4 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Thanks , seams like a lost opportunity as the camera is already there 🤔

There are cameras on the front also & I the only marque to take advantage of them for additional use of a dash cam is Citroen I believe 

• Like 1

The rear view camera only engages when the car is in reverse.
There would be quite a lot of software fiddling to get it to do what you want.

You can get "further" view if you set the camera to widescreen, but again only while reversing

46 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

You can get "further" view if you set the camera to widescreen, but again only while reversing

I believe Andy was talking about the electronic rear view mirror not the rear view camera.

I guess his reasoning is that all of the electronics are there with the exception of a record facility

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

I believe Andy was talking about the electronic rear view mirror not the rear view camera.

I guess his reasoning is that all of the electronics are there with the exception of a record facility

Oh I see.
Not sure about the new model NX, but the original doesn't have a camera inside it, it's just a sensor for auto dimming / anti glare.

20 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Correct 👍 it’s the electronic rear view mirror I’m referring to. 

On 11/10/2022 at 8:40 AM, Al D-Much said:

That's odd. Why only in reverse when even Nissal Leaf uses it when driving?

I understand if it is not there at all as an option, but if it is there, let people use it!

2 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

That's odd. Why only in reverse when even Nissal Leaf uses it when driving?

I understand if it is not there at all as an option, but if it is there, let people use it!

`Tis for safety reasons Tally. To enable the driver to have more control when reversing around corners/kerbs/objects etc.High end Mercs and others have had this facility for at least 20 years.

It would be extremely dangerous to incorporate this facility to enable drivers to have access to it when negotiating the Public Highway. Just imagine not being able to be aware of vehicles/Pedestrians etc about to overtake/undertake.

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

`Tis for safety reasons Tally. To enable the driver to have more control when reversing around corners/kerbs/objects etc.High end Mercs and others have had this facility for at least 20 years.

It would be extremely dangerous to incorporate this facility to enable drivers to have access to it when negotiating the Public Highway. Just imagine not being able to be aware of vehicles/Pedestrians etc about to overtake/undertake.

Actually I found it quite  useful ( if we are talking about the same system, a rear view camera replacing the rear view mirror). It shows things pretty well and is valuable when you have tall people sitting in the back seats/lots of stuff in the boot

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links