Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS 300h Tyre Pressure sensors

Hello All,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with this issue and my 2014 IS 300h?

I bought the car from Lexus Croydon 2 years ago, and they, and the car have been brilliant, very professional and courteous at all times. A month or so ago, the tree pressure warning light came on intermittently and I immediately checked the pressures...all fine, and have stayed fine.

Then on subsequent days, it would come on flashing and and after about a couple of minutes it went to a solid light. I booked the car into Lexus Croydon a week ago for checking, and was told that I needed two new tyre pressure sensors at £375 for the pair which disappointed me as I thought they would be covered by the Relax Warranty. I understand that the sensors each have a Battery, and I'm wondering if it might be just a case of putting new batteries in them? I don't really think Lexus are trying it on as that's not my experience with them, but any advice would be welcome..

Many thanks, Peter

I bought mine from lexuspartsdirect £68.81 each and had my local tyre firm fit it. Bought the Carista obd dongle £25, which included a month subscription, and programmed them myself. 

Hope that helpS.

Bob

part number 

SKU: 42607-02031 ISP3

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Peter Fraser said:

I understand that the sensors each have a battery, and I'm wondering if it might be just a case of putting new batteries in them?

The majority of TPMS sensors have built in non-replaceable Lithium-ion batteries which are hard soldered into the units.  The unit / sensor is sealed for moisture, temperature, vibration and impact protection.  Battery life is generally stated as 3 to 7 or more years depending on brand.  Replace when dead or damaged.

• Like 1

It’s quite easy Peter, your new sensors have an ID number on them. Plug the Carista in under the steering wheel and turn on the ignition. It takes a little time to analyse your system then if I remember rightly you go to maintenance and then  tpms. If you know the faulty ones you can delete their IDs and replace with the new ones. There are videos on YouTube showing what to do which are very good. Make sure you either take a picture of your  new sensors or write the IDs down before they are fitted as obviously once the tyres are back on you won’t see them. I deleted my dodgy sensor and registered the new one on Carista before it was fitted, obviously this left the warning light on but as soon as it was fitted and ignition turned on the alarm went away.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 4:19 PM, Bob99 said:

It’s quite easy Peter, your new sensors have an ID number on them. Plug the Carista in under the steering wheel and turn on the ignition. It takes a little time to analyse your system then if I remember rightly you go to maintenance and then  tpms. If you know the faulty ones you can delete their IDs and replace with the new ones. There are videos on YouTube showing what to do which are very good. Make sure you either take a picture of your  new sensors or write the IDs down before they are fitted as obviously once the tyres are back on you won’t see them. I deleted my dodgy sensor and registered the new one on Carista before it was fitted, obviously this left the warning light on but as soon as it was fitted and ignition turned on the alarm went away.

How did you find out which sensor was the dodgy one?  I have the same fault and all my dealer have done is reset the warning light and checked the pressures.  Strangely enough that lasted about 5 minutes before the light came on again!

Hi Gary, mine was easy as it was a broken sensor, how it was broke is another story. To find your faulty one will mean a bit of trial and error I think. If you have Carista it should show all 4 sensor codes and pressures. If yours goes faulty after 5 mins then you might need to wait for a while to see if one shows up faulty. You will then need to find out which sensor is in which wheel by adjusting the tyre pressures up and down one at a time and monitoring Carista, making a note of which sensor changes. All a bit of a nuisance but shouldn’t take too long. I would have thought the dealer with all their equipment should be able to monitor the sensor voltages and identify the faulty one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links