Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre pressure warning

Winter is here! We’ve had out first really cold day in NE Scotland. 

Went out to car earlier and had low tyre pressure warning up. I’m not impressed with the visual display. It flashed up and then disappeared after a couple of seconds. However, the warning stayed active. 
I then went into vehicle details and had to stop/start the car to get the actual pressure readings up. The refresh took ages, but I could finally see all 4 tyres showing 2.3bar, with three shown in orange in alarm state and the other in white ( not in alarm)

I pumped tyres up to 2.4bar, but the alarm persisted. I eventually got the alarm to clear at 2.6bar.

I guess my issue is the refresh rate of the actual pressures and the extra pressure needed to clear the alarm.

My merc that I traded in for the NX was pretty much instantaneous. ☹️

I press the reset button under the steering wheel when the cold weather hit its much better on newer Toyota cars my 2007 GS Mk3 the TPMS was a bit of nightmare.

I think this was in part to cheaper alloy with more corrosion so leaks around the tyres.

One should only use the reset button when changing the baseline pressure.

The light comes on to tell you the tyre pressure has dropped below that which you set originally

If the warning comes on in the colder weather you need to pump up the tyres to restore the pressure to the correct level. The warning should then go out, without pressing the reset button

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I changed the original summer wheels for a set of RX400 rims i refurbished. Offcourse the car doesnt recognize these so i just taped of the warning light from tpms. But... with the original rims i did not get a reading even after waiting several minutes. (there is no error reading with these installed) I see the Battery info screen, then 2 black screens, and then the gas/mileage screen. Could this have been programmed out due to some error?

I too have got the warning indicator on but all tyres are at correct pressure. Even tried increased pressure on all tyres but no change. Only happened when it got very cold the other week. 

On 12/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, K22MDL said:

I too have got the warning indicator on but all tyres are at correct pressure. Even tried increased pressure on all tyres but no change. Only happened when it got very cold the other week. 

Only suggestion I have is to put a little more pressure in them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links