Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First service

beyond the blue

When my car was in for service the dealer phoned and advised that the alignment was out and they advised it should be tracked with 4 wheel alignment.

They also suggested that the glass should be treated with a coating for protection. Too late as I already use a glass treatment (rainx) on it twice a year.

1 hour ago, b4u2 said:

@beyond the blue

Why is it that main dealers always try to rob you?

They like to squeeze every penny out of customers.

I think 'rob' is a little bit strong! But yes, squeeze every penny out of customers is normal practice, l used to do it when l had a business.

• Like 1

Mine is booked in for 1st service next Friday, by which time I might reach 2400 miles, hardly seems worth it, this is where the BMW is better with it’s flexible schedules. I am on the 3yr DD service plan so shouldn’t be costing me anything yet.

Half expecting a salesman to be approaching me with a deal to swap into a new one, trouble is the prices have gone up so much in a year that I couldn’t afford one now. Right now I can sell mine privately for more than what I paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got in from service 

all ok, although they did tell me the air con is full of bacteria and can be cleaned by them for £175 using the £12 can of stuff they will sell me to do it myself. 

My sales guy came out for a chat and told me 3 months ago he was working out a new car deal for me, but it was pulled when the interest rates and deposit allowance changed, he said swapping right now when I only have 2500 miles on my car would be stupid. 
With the waiting time, the 9.9% rate with no contribution and the £6k more for a new car over what I paid a year ago, the numbers just didn’t add up.
He also said that out of all the cars the ES is the one in huge demand second hand and really holding its value, he would give me what I paid 12 months ago. 
The 11yr old 33k mile Cayman in the second hand area would be a tempting straight swap though 

5 hours ago, Tonyw said:

Just got in from service 

all ok, although they did tell me the air con is full of bacteria and can be cleaned by them for £175 using the £12 can of stuff they will sell me to do it myself. 

My sales guy came out for a chat and told me 3 months ago he was working out a new car deal for me, but it was pulled when the interest rates and deposit allowance changed, he said swapping right now when I only have 2500 miles on my car would be stupid. 
With the waiting time, the 9.9% rate with no contribution and the £6k more for a new car over what I paid a year ago, the numbers just didn’t add up.
He also said that out of all the cars the ES is the one in huge demand second hand and really holding its value, he would give me what I paid 12 months ago. 
The 11yr old 33k mile Cayman in the second hand area would be a tempting straight swap though 

Is that the process where they put the Aircon on full and fill the car with an aerosol spray for 10 minutes?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Tonyw said:

Just got in from service 

Had my year two service yesterday and was advised the aircon service for £169. Didn’t go for it this time. Maybe next year ?

Was given the UX300e Takumi as a loan car. The suspension is very comfortable on the UX but a relatively short wheelbase holding about the same weight as the ES300h it did feel a bit awkward. However, driving normally and dispatching the power gently it is very refined and serene.

The Mark Levinson system although was a surround system ie I could hear the sound from behind me as well front … I have to say it was muddying up the high tones. I do turn up the Pioneer system in my ES into mid 40 volume and although the sound is projected just from the front, the “rendering” is clear, high tones don’t get  muddled. I guess there isn’t space inside the UX to tune the system to the same level as an ES. I have sampled the ES Mark Levinson as well and that definitely is a few notches up from the base Pioneer one. Where the UX Mark Levinson has the ES Pioneer audio is in the bass dept. … it has a very pleasant and generous dollop of bass. Maybe I should have checked the sound settings… 

Anyways, when I got back into my big boat in the evening, I didn’t really miss the UX at all. I have the Premium Pack ES and the have to say the seats on Takumi UX are much less comfortable compared to the ES seats with extending thigh support.

—E

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links