Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New tyres

I have a Lexus 300h with 60,000 miles. I  am getting approximately 12,000 miles before I have to replace the tyre. I have Bridgestone S001 R17, is this normal or should I change the make.

Kathleen,

Are you saying you need to change the tyres every 12k miles?  That seems far too low (but depends on the type of driving - town versus motorway, and of course driving style....)

I can't remember how often we change the tyres on our NX but I think it is at least 25k miles on the fronts and much more on the rears.  The NX has Yokohama Blue Earth tyres (which were the original OEM supplied with the car and we continue to use).  On our RX it's about 25k on the fronts (and the RX is heavier so one might expect those to wear faster).

12k miles sounds way too short.  Perhaps there is some misalignment issue?  (I assume it's the fronts that are seeing such heavy wear?)

Paul

Hi Kathleen,

I have an RX450 (so not an IS300), but I would suggest that 12,000 miles is a fairly low figure for a set of tyres.

Understandably, tyre wear is contingent on many factors, the road surfaces, the volume of city stop/start driving, the tyre itself, maintenance of tyre pressure,  check your tracking regularly, (every year)and, not the least - one's driving style.

I've only driven 6,000 miles on my current set of tyres in this car, but my previous motor was a heavy (and fast!) Mercedes S500, and I'd never achieved less than 30,000 miles out of a set on that.

Mind you, I normally accelerate gently, and apply the brakes even more gently, (and being retired means I don't have to join the rush-hour Grand prix every day)

20 minutes ago, fergie said:

I have a Lexus 300h with 60,000 miles. I  am getting approximately 12,000 miles before I have to replace the tyre. I have Bridgestone S001 R17, is this normal or should I change the make.

I have kept with the OEM Yokohama BluEarth tyres on my IS 300h on 17" wheels. My car is a 2014 and has now done 124k miles. Over that time the rear tyres have been replaced every 20k miles and the front tyres every 40k miles. There are pros and cons to any tyre choice but I am happy with the compromises these give me. 

1 minute ago, PDM said:

Kathleen,

Are you saying you need to change the tyres every 12k miles?  That seems far too low (but depends on the type of driving - town versus motorway, and of course driving style....)

I can't remember how often we change the tyres on our NX but I think it is at least 25k miles on the fronts and much more on the rears.  The NX has Yokohama Blue Earth tyres (which were the original OEM supplied with the car and we continue to use).  On our RX it's about 25k on the fronts (and the RX is heavier so one might expect those to wear faster).

12k miles sounds way too short.  Perhaps there is some misalignment issue?  (I assume it's the fronts that are seeing such heavy wear?)

Paul

Snap! 

20 minutes ago, fergie said:

Sorry just noticed it's an IS, so rear wheel drive.  So is it the rears that are wearing the most?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links