Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rx400h 2008 windscreen washer stopped working

david-now

Hi,

Does this sound like the pump may be gone or is there another cause.

My front windscreen washer is not working there is no liquid coing out, however the rear washer works fine.

Do rthey have seperate pumps ?

Thanks for any advice

• 6 months later...

I too have a problem with my windscreen washer - although you can hear a pump going there is wash going to the rear screen.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

G

1 hour ago, Graham2 said:

I too have a problem with my windscreen washer - although you can hear a pump going there is wash going to the rear screen.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

G

Blocked nozzles?  Go to a petrol station and blast some air down the holes. Have you checked underneath to see if the pipe has come loose? There will be water on the floor. I believe there is only one pump. 

No blocked nozzles and no water running under the car but someone told me that there was a non-return valve that might have stuck? But where is it? and how do I recognise it?

Many Thanks

G

The same pump supplies both the front and rear wash so if the latter is still working so is the pump.

There is only a NR valve in the rear washers.

I have attached the diagram to assist you in locating the blockage, I would begin by removing the washer jet nozzles from the bonnet then remove the pipe from these and see if water then flows when you activate the washers.

To release the washer jets insert old credit cards one either side of the nozzle and push together.

EEE6F957-6498-4CC6-AE2F-33CA496C6DAD.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for this.

I disconnected the system at 85318D ( the pipe that connects to the nozzles and disappears under the covers!

I could blow back though the pipe and get bubbles in the wash bottle but still, when I run the pump, I get wash on the back windscreen but nothing through this disconnected pipe??? Seems weird!!" Any ideas?

Thanks 
Graham

Looking at Steve diagram, are there two pumps? One 85310 for the windscreen and one for the rear wash 85310R and do these have separate fuses ( I have checked fuse 20 in the in-cabin fuse box and it is fine.

If there are two motors, is there an easy ways to check them? I was listening for the pump to cycle when turned on at the steering wheel but this won't work if there are two since I will not be able to hear if both are running.

Water currently comes from the rear wash but not to the windscreen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links