Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 SC430 VSC PROBLEM

Norm Lippert

Recently decided to get my wife's SC430 back on the road and lately have had a serious problem with the VSC.

When it is on and you are driving the car will start to violently shake and make a loud noise until you turn off the VSC.

Before I spend hundreds on trouble shooting does anybody have any possible solutions that I can check myself ?

Thanks

Hi Norm

Welcome to Lexus Owners Club, I hope you become a regular contributer to our friendly forum.

We meet in June in Coventry and I'm sure a great time will be had by all. Its a time to look around probably the largest amount of SC430's ever assembled in the UK. Also without doubt the biggest SC430 knowledge pool ever.

You don't say where abouts you live, if you did, local help or suggestions may be offered.

Good luck with your enquiry, I am sorry that I have never heard of this concern before but I'm sure you will get some answers.

Regards, Anthony 

4 hours ago, Norm Lippert said:

Recently decided to get my wife's SC430 back on the road and lately have had a serious problem with the VSC.

When it is on and you are driving the car will start to violently shake and make a loud noise until you turn off the VSC.

Before I spend hundreds on trouble shooting does anybody have any possible solutions that I can check myself ?

Thanks

Look on Google Norm.

Since I haven't encountered a VSC problem in the few months I've owned my SC430, I thought I'd better look it up. I found the following article helpful: https://mechanicbase.com/brakes/check-vsc-system-light-toyota-lexus/

Having read it, I now know what initial, simple checks to do, but the bulk of the advice seems to be to take the car to the experts, who are used to sorting out what the particular fault is—there are too many possibilities as far as I can see! Good luck!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Norm Lippert said:

Thanks

That's a strange one. Are there any fault lights on?

I would suggest the first thing is to do a diagnostic check to see if there are any fault codes that point the way.

If the car doesn't shake when the stability control is not active then that suggests there's something wrong with the VSC or one of the many sensors that provide it with information. 

If you turn the VSC off, drive the car and then turn the VSC on again, does it always shake when the VSC is on? 

Does it pull to one side? 

Is it speed related? 

If you brake gently when the shaking occurs, can you feel if it is brake related and can you identify roughly where the loud noise comes from? 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links