Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

American member seeking advice on sale

Gentlemen,

I’m a long time member of ClubLexus in the USA. I’m currently visiting my parents in Oxfordshire and my dad is selling his 2016 IS300h. My parents are a little older and aren’t really sure where to list it. They were going to put it on Autotrader. Back home, no-one really uses it as much as other sites. Where would you guys recommend? Appreciate your time! Thanks,

Jonathan

6 minutes ago, Dx3 said:

Gentlemen,

I’m a long time member of ClubLexus in the USA. I’m currently visiting my parents in Oxfordshire and my dad is selling his 2016 IS300h. My parents are a little older and aren’t really sure where to list it. They were going to put it on Autotrader. Back home, no-one really uses it as much as other sites. Where would you guys recommend? Appreciate your time! Thanks,

Jonathan

Here: https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/116-lexus-cars-for-sale/ ?

I think AutoTrader is good as well.

5 minutes ago, Dx3 said:

Ok understood. Thanks man. It seemed like it was mostly car dealers selling on there. I saw very few private sales listed. 

There are quite a number of private sellers on there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VFR said:

There are quite a number of private sellers on there.

I looked at 3 pages of IS300h and I saw maybe 2 private sellers. Perhaps that’s a good thing for my parents then as a lot of people (at least in the US) prefer buying privately. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dx3 said:

I looked at 3 pages of IS300h and I saw maybe 2 private sellers. Perhaps that’s a good thing for my parents then as a lot of people (at least in the US) prefer buying privately. 

I know I prefer private if buying.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt8 said:

I know I prefer private if buying.

Good luck.

+1

Bought my current car, from AutoTrader, from a Private seller. 

7 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

May I suggest they try motorway?

I had excellent experience and the price paid was top notch

I’m not familiar with that. Is it a website? 

3 minutes ago, Dx3 said:

I’m not familiar with that. Is it a website? 

https://motorway.co.uk

yes, you put photos, they give you a price and if you are happy with that they  then run an auction with cardealers.

I got a very good price and they paid the money without any significant hassle

8 hours ago, talaipwros said:

https://motorway.co.uk

yes, you put photos, they give you a price and if you are happy with that they  then run an auction with cardealers.

I got a very good price and they paid the money without any significant hassle

Hmmmm would have been better “without any hassle” or is that what you meant ?         😉

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links