Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roof paint bubbles

Lexiguy

I noticed a paint bubble on the osr roof pillar and after a close  inspection all around the roof there were two.

20221227_100709.thumb.jpg.336c880424188edaed961f9594f8e6a1.jpg20221227_100734.thumb.jpg.456e66a33d614fb58104b8fcc52da1a7.jpg

When it was pressed it was moisture under the paint. I took a pin and pricked the bottom of both the bubbles to allow any moisture trapped to exit the area.

20221227_100746.thumb.jpg.2865ebdd27eb3af0c4021d164446bc5f.jpg20221227_100826.thumb.jpg.9bf86437c55bfd005bf653de70886f78.jpg

I believe that like the roof, this rear screen frame was painted before I bought it and is made of aluminium. 

I suppose when the weather gets warm and dry the loose tops need removing and touching up.

Regards, Anthony 

1 hour ago, Lexiguy said:

I noticed a paint bubble on the osr roof pillar and after a close  inspection all around the roof there were two.

20221227_100709.thumb.jpg.336c880424188edaed961f9594f8e6a1.jpg20221227_100734.thumb.jpg.456e66a33d614fb58104b8fcc52da1a7.jpg

When it was pressed it was moisture under the paint. I took a pin and pricked the bottom of both the bubbles to allow any moisture trapped to exit the area.

20221227_100746.thumb.jpg.2865ebdd27eb3af0c4021d164446bc5f.jpg20221227_100826.thumb.jpg.9bf86437c55bfd005bf653de70886f78.jpg

I believe that like the roof, this rear screen frame was painted before I bought it and is made of aluminium. 

I suppose when the weather gets warm and dry the loose tops need removing and touching up.

Regards, Anthony 

I for one, certainly expectedd you to be recuperating young Sir !

Do not expect sympathy, should it be required.🤣🤣👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Caught red handed! 

It was the first day I was allowed to go into the garage, only for a limited period if I dressed up warm and spent the majority of my time sat down and let Lexiguy Junior do the leg work! 

We dropped the door down and I inadvertently forgot the sitting down bit! 😂

I always have to push the boundaries!

Anthony 

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...

mine has the same in about three places on the roof panels. It was repainted under warranty about 8 years ago but is back now. 

Looking to get it painted, but the bloke I go to won't take it on, too close to the  seals. Thinking of asking Lexus Leeds to remove the panels to get them painted. Lexus Leeds have a body shop, will have to get telephoning, but car is away now for winter.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oneflewover said:

mine has the same in about three places on the roof panels. It was repainted under warranty about 8 years ago but is back now. 

Looking to get it painted, but the bloke I go to won't take it on, too close to the  seals. Thinking of asking Lexus Leeds to remove the panels to get them painted. Lexus Leeds have a body shop, will have to get telephoning, but car is away now for winter.

Hi Paul

Yes getting Lexus Leeds to do it might be the best thing, am I right in thinking yours is silver too?

Perhaps we can do a deal...two for the price of one??

Ant 😆 

• Like 1

Hi Paul

The only problem is he is a Yorkshire man too and will be looking for the best deal too! 🤣

They are collecting and delivering mine again tomorrow for this reoccuring problem with my TPMS light staying on :sad:, lets hope they cure it this time!

Anthony

• Like 1

Lexus Leeds collected mine on Tuesday and with a recode of the TPMS it was finally sorted.

The customary wash, vac and then returned with apologies and 'no charge'!

That's why I use Lexus Leeds they have your back 100% when it's needed.

Anthony 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lexiguy said:

Lexus Leeds collected mine on Tuesday and with a recode of the TPMS it was finally sorted.

The customary wash, vac and then returned with apologies and 'no charge'!

That's why I use Lexus Leeds they have your back 100% when it's needed.

Anthony 

That's good service. TPMS can be a proper pain with programming and failing batteries. I was quoted £500 for all 4 sensors on the GS and that's before fitting and Techstream.

Back to re-painting the roof, it's a simple fix. It always tickles me that so many owners are so attached to their original paint and lacquer. If you use a car for its intended purpose, it will pick up stone chips and road salt and the odd scratch here and there. Any decent body-shop should be able to match the colour and restore the affected panel to good order. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 12:27 PM, Neil E said:

Back to re-painting the roof, it's a simple fix. It always tickles me that so many owners are so attached to their original paint and lacquer. If you use a car for its intended purpose, it will pick up stone chips and road salt and the odd scratch here and there. Any decent body-shop should be able to match the colour and restore the affected panel to good order. 

Hi Neil, the paint shop i have  used wouldn't paint them without removing them. The masking would be too much and wouldn't guarantee the chance of overspray. This is where mt concern comes from.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links