Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New trolley jack.

Tomtit

My wife bought me a new trolley jack for Christmas. (She paid for it after I had chosen it). After comparing specifications and reviews I went for the Halfords Advanced 2 tonne low profile model. It is low enough to slide under the front of the SC430 and quickly lift it high enough for axle stands. It feels like a quality piece of kit and it glides smoothly and quietly over uneven paving slabs. The handle can be secured in place with a bolt, so the jack can be dragged along without the handle coming out and poking me in the stomach. I can recommend this jack for SC430 owners.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Excellent logic but WHY would one ever wish or need to get under the car ?  To look at the pretty construction foibles, to check everything is still in order OR MAYBE to, heaven forfend, think about crawling underneath to attempt to do some work on your beloved beast  .....  if you daren't leave it to your local garage or whomsoever to do that greasy rag bit of car ownership 😅

Well done anyway .  it's always challenging to know what it might be one needs for a pressie 

Malc

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Tomtit said:

My wife bought me a new trolley jack for Christmas. (She paid for it after I had chosen it). After comparing specifications and reviews I went for the Halfords Advanced 2 tonne low profile model. It is low enough to slide under the front of the SC430 and quickly lift it high enough for axle stands. It feels like a quality piece of kit and it glides smoothly and quietly over uneven paving slabs. The handle can be secured in place with a bolt, so the jack can be dragged along without the handle coming out and poking me in the stomach. I can recommend this jack for SC430 owners.

Richard.. Remember carrying around this Heavy piece of equipment that you might never use will have an impact on your MPG..I Did this when i was given one and never used it but it had a definite affect on MPG... Keep your car as light as possible.. Ps I find the jack supplied with the car more than adequate and easy to use...

• Like 1

Malc.

I do my own maintenance and repairs as far as possible. ( I have just replaced two front lower suspension arms ). I like to jack up the entire front end at once, rather than jack up each side individually behind the wheel. My existing jack is too high to reach the front crossmember for jacking up.The same applies to my LS430. The new jack will be better for both cars and will save me time.

Ronnie.

The new jack will live in the garage. I don't intend to carry it around with me, especially as I have runflat tyres. When the runflats have worn and I change to conventional tyres I will carry the Lexus jack in the car. I agree that carrying a trolley jack will affect m.p.g.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tomtit said:

It sounds like you're pleased with it, practical presents are always best. I hear wives are just as pleased with vacuum cleaners and irons 🙂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

It sounds like you're pleased with it, practical presents are always best. I hear wives are just as pleased with vacuum cleaners and irons 🙂

Steady on Bill, next thing you will be saying they have small feet to get nearer to the kitchen units and they wore white wedding dresses to match the old kitchen appliances!

Anthony

• Haha 1

It appears that we are quite exact guys and it is important to always supply them with the correct presents for birthdays and Christmases!

My list of parts supplied this Christmas included:

1. A fitted luggage set

2. A pair of boot struts

3. A sunvisor glasses clip

4. A set of plastic coated lug nut sockets.

5. Front LED repeater indicator strobe light units.

5. Oh, and a car Battery charger!

I have started the birthday list for May as I believe it is only right and helpful to give them a large selection to choose from.

Anthony 😂

• Haha 2

I Think Your Heading For a Large selection of Slaps From Your Good Lady Anthony..Once she attaches The set of plastic coated lug Nut Sockets to your ears and then connect Your Precious Battery charger to them You Will Light up Like a Christmas tree Without The bobbles Whilst singing Hark The Herald Angels Sing .. As For the Boot struts God only Knows Where she will Stick Them.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links