Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450h (2010) tyre recommendations (update needed)

Hi all

Don't think I've needed to post since I got the car 5 years ago!

However, now in the post-Covid world of happy motoring again (UK), I am in need of a new set of tyres. Saw the post last year about Michelin CrossClimate 2s but they seem like gold dust at any sort of reasonable price at the moment. Being told lots and don't know what to believe - summer tyres are good enough for all year, cheaper is just as good etc.

So many variations too and a job to tell what the difference is.

Looking at alternative Michelin, or Pirelli, Dunlop etc. at a price in the range £140-£175 including fitting. Not into mail order as the local fitters have a terrible reputation so no BlackCircle or similar please.

What and where to get them from? Suggestions?

Thanks everyone

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

No matter which car we have had, Continental has been my number one.

Summer tyres are the best for summer. Not for winter where winter is winter.

All-Season is more or less Ok as long as temperature does not go low. Below minus 7 C Winter is the correct tyre.

Thanks, very unlikely to be driving in anything like -7 (maybe, very occasionally -2/3). Don't get really bad winters on the south coast of UK 🙂

Cheaper is not just as good - ESPECIALLY when it comes to all-season tires.

I'd consider the heretical option of going with summers + a second set of all-seasons for the "off-season". All-year-long all-seasons might also be a good option if you don't get any extreme weather (that includes heat waves). Over here the summers can get to ~34+ and the winters can sometimes (albeit somewhat rarely nowadays) be in the always minus (and somewhat often -10+...errr -) ranges, so I have two sets.

Re: brands you listed - add Continental, bridgestone, goodyear. Then go on tyrereviews and scour it 🙂

For my next set of tyres I think I will go for Debica Presto UHP2: they are produced by Goodyear in the same factory as Goodyear tyres, so I suppose with the same quality standards but for a lower price, and I have read positive reviews on tyrereviews.com. Also my local tyres garage can supply and fit them for a good price.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Debica/Presto-UHP2.htm  

• 4 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, serbarry said:

For my next set of tyres I think I will go for Debica Presto UHP2: they are produced by Goodyear in the same factory as Goodyear tyres, so I suppose with the same quality standards but for a lower price, and I have read positive reviews on tyrereviews.com. Also my local tyres garage can supply and fit them for a good price.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Debica/Presto-UHP2.htm  

Did you end up fitting the UHP2s? I've ordered a set and was wondering what you thought of them.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, bashedpotatoes said:

Did you end up fitting the UHP2s? I've ordered a set and was wondering what you thought of them.

Cheers

I bought a set of Bridgestone Turanza T005s in the end. Quite happy with them

1 hour ago, bashedpotatoes said:

Cheers

I will wait until September to replace the tyres. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links