Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior base of Nx 350 front doors and base and arch of rear doors

If I understand your issue correctly I think it’s designed so that road dirt is kept away from the sill of the entry to the cabin so long clothes don’t get dirty…

• Like 2

Surely this is a design fault

It’s extremely poor that both the exterior and interior of the car must be washed or open your doors to a coating of mud

i lext Mercedes for similar quality at least.I am now doubtful 

• Haha 1

The same applies to the NX300h. I had a Range Rover which had dual door seals to fix this issue.

Is it really a  big deal? It takes me a few seconds to put a wet brush across the inside of the door bottoms when washing. I don't think it is really "cleaning the inside" as stated.

• Like 5

Certainly not a design fault but definitely a design to keep the sills free of muck so one doesn't get it on one's clothes especially one's trousers. Looking at my neighbour's car I can clearly see a clean patch on his muck covered sill that he must polish off with his trouser leg!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colin kenvyn said:

Surely this is a design fault

It’s extremely poor that both the exterior and interior of the car must be washed or open your doors to a coating of mud

i lext Mercedes for similar quality at least.I am now doubtful 

Not a design fault…a feature, Sir, the same on my old Yeti….

I’m still trying to understand why a bit of dirt/mud on the bottom of doors before the seal requires the interior of the car to be cleaned🤔.
I always regarded the doors as part of the bodywork so I just wipe over the particular area of the subject matter whilst washing the car along with the bottom of the doors, which is surely a necessity on all cars.
Do people really wash cars with the doors closed and ignore the door bottoms which are in the shut line of the car? Even the car wash gangs, on the rare occasion that I’ve used them, open the doors & wipe the bottoms.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

I’m still trying to understand why a bit of dirt/mud on the bottom of doors before the seal requires the interior of the car to be cleaned🤔.
I always regarded the doors as part of the bodywork so I just wipe over the particular area of the subject matter whilst washing the car along with the bottom of the doors, which is surely a necessity on all cars.
Do people really wash cars with the doors closed and ignore the door bottoms which are in the shut line of the car? Even the car wash gangs, on the rare occasion that I’ve used them, open the doors & wipe the bottoms.

Same for me. I used to drive SAAB 9000's with their wrap up and over doors.
Wash, wipe whole car, door frames and door jams.

I consider, everything before the rubber seals is outside the vehicle and needs washing/waxing. Anything after is inside the vehicle and needs valeting.

Simple really, I don't understand the problem.

Also, as a Luxury Lexus owner I just have my man take care of that sort of physical work. I don't even know what petroleum product goes into the car or where. And as for this hydroid elastic-trickery that's pure magic!  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

Also, as a Luxury Lexus owner I just have my man take care of that sort of physical work. I don't even know what petroleum product goes into the car or where. And as for this hydroid elastic-trickery that's pure magic!

Is that you Rishi?😬😜

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, hintonwood said:

Is that you Rishi?😬😜

Hey, leave Rishi alone.  He's just been fined for not wearing a seatbelt and is probably a bit upset at the moment.

I have set up a GoFundMe at www.helpaninsanelyoutoftouchpolitician.com - please help!

• Haha 3

On 1/20/2023 at 11:14 AM, hintonwood said:

Is that you Rishi?😬😜

What? with a net worth of around £730 million.
Pah, he's a pauper in comparison, all my house staff are better cared for then that!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links