Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Im New

hello people , im new here just purchased myself a is200s in platinum ice colour

i dont have any pics just yet but ill pop some up real soon for you to have a wee gander at them !!!

Is there many members on here from north of the border ???

Also ive not been able to find any good sites that do mods for the is200 , at the moment im looking to buy a exhaust system , induction kit and some suspension.

After the summer ill be s[plashing out on some new wheels ans some styling kit so any links or help would be much appreciated.

cheers Alan

:driving:

Hello.

I am sure that you will get all the help and information that you require from here, this site is fantastic and the members on here are always willing and happy to help.

:) glad to hear it , im looking forward to being the owner of a lexus, liked them for a long time and now ive grown out of my hot hatch trend and purchased a real car !

i got a 2000 model on a V plate, has 6 speed box , traction control, FLSH, 2.0 straight 6 sounds fantastic. :zee:

Hello fella, enjoy the purchase :)

You can buy mods from www.tdi-plc.com in the UK, as well as other's and then there are the foreign places like www.takakaira.com - there's also a member in here who can get things from Japan called Alex - his username is JDMParts_Guru if you're after anything from over that part of the world - Alex was selling an induction kit recently for between 100-200 - can't rememer the exact cost now

Also if you're buying bits in the UK you might want to become a gold member - it's cheap enough and you get discounts on parts and services etc from dealers as well as other bonuses!!

cheers aido , ill check out those sites .

What induction kit was it he was selling , im unsure of what the best parts would be to buy for the lexus but im guessing it would be people like HKS, GReddy, Blitz, PLP etc ...

my mate has a Yaris :unsure: so im sure he may know a few links for sites to purchase some stuff .

It was the Trust / Greddy kit.

If you look at TDI they offer the K&N panel filters and also the HKS cone type..

Those you mention are all good and there are lots of guys with their kit fitted :)

If you want blitz the www.racelogic.co.uk is the official UK distributor and as for PLP I think I've seen a lot of their stuff over at www.lextasy.com in the USA

The other guys on here will have loads more sites for you to look at!

gold member sounds interesting esp with the whole discount thing going on there , wats the cost for this ?

I phoned lexus for a price on detachable towbars and it was £251 +VAT for the bar, £92+VAT for the wiring kit and £66 +VAT per hour in labour costs , will take 2 hours to fit , i almost passed out lol

Welcome to Lexus pricing :winky:

Joining gold is £25 I think - check it out on http://www.goldmembers.co.uk

I saved more than the 25 3 times over on the first item I ever bought and I've been going strong from there :D

I'm guessing Lexus Edinburgh are your local dealer? They're well thought of round here by a lot of people who are going out of their way to go to them!

ill be going gold then i think , it makes sense after all .

im an ex saxo owner so ive now seen the light and got a good car , at least i know this is a good site / forum to get help and advice on any purchases im gonna be making so ill be sure to run it by you guys first.

I,ll be gettin some pics over the weekend so ill stick on my mates website and upload them on here so uz can have a wee look at it and let me know wat you all think .

We have a dealer in Glasgow but ive not had much joy with them they always seem in a rush to get off the fone , however i know a girl who works in there so ill push for a discount on bits from her :winky:

i seen the illuminated sill plates , would they fit in a 2000 model ?

cheers ifraz , i been checkin a few of your cars out in the garage section , wats these LED blue reverse bulbs etc you have , are they any good ? i like all the wee extras that i will notice and know they are there but not into things like LED washer jets etc thats just tacky

ill be going gold then i think , it makes sense after all .

im an ex saxo owner so ive now seen the light and got a good car , at least i know this is a good site / forum to get help and advice on any purchases im gonna be making so ill be sure to run it by you guys first.

Did you have Lexus lights on your Saxo and then decide to go for the rest of the car? hehe

Welcome to the club and do join gold, I've lost count of how much ive saved just on service alone. then come the group buys and you'll be amazed at just how insignificant that £25.00 was you also get some cool stickers for your car too.

Blue reverse bulbs are great - they don't stand out at all if you're not looking and they emit a really intense blue tinged light when activated - check these pics of Ifraz's out:

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Mis...he_difference_1

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Mis...the_diffrence_3

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Mis..._the_difference

One of the guys called Zee007 does a group buy every few months on these bulbs and replacement bulbs for the rest of the car which basically give you more of the HID look than you've currently got (ie whiter / bluer lights) - the reverse bulbs are about a tenner and for a full set of everything is just over £100 from what I can remember (that's main beams, dipped, sidelights & reverse bulbs).

First mod I did myself and I was very chuffed!

It hasn't currently mate, that's why Zee offered the bulbs which give you that effect!

The IS300 has HID's and so do the recent IS200's, after the recent facelift I think - the LE has them

You can retrofit HID's but you're looking at around £400

PS - is that your car in your avatar mate???

evening besty how north are you , im down loch lomond just outside Glasgow !

platinum ice is my fave colour waited ages on the right one coming up , only thing it dont have which id like is leather but im sure i can save some wages do some overtime and get a re-trim

Welcome Lexy200!! I'm fairly new round here too, but totally addicted to the site... I'm planning to go Gold just as soon as I get paid again (my last pay packet went on deposit and insurance - cant even afford fuel for my IS now!!! :lol: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links