Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey All,

Thought i'd put this out here as it might help others as well  or have similair experience with this error message.

I tried to search but maybe i didnt find it in the search section or  clearly misread ( most likley the later 😄) but it's not everyday the lexus gives me trouble ( in fact it hasnt for many years) but this message  - Check VGRS popped up on my dash a few days ago after the car had not been driven for a few days (as the exhust driver side back box fell off!! thats another story, different post) in this cold weather.

Well it was odd as the car unlocked and had some sign the Battery had life but sterring rack didnt move nor the centre console light up, but boot opened and some lights on the dash worked (didnt check windows)

so after I jump started the car - which btw  i didnt know you could do from the under the bonnet too (untill I googled it) its been fine and running ok for a couple of days, checked with volt meter and its showing 12.1V so all looks and sounds good unless this is lower than expected, please do tell.

I think i know what caused it, my daughter  left the interior lights on and it must have been on straight for 3 days, as i said the exhaust fell off and i waited till the weekend so left the car on the driveway for a few day untill i could  get the backbox off completely before driving it to exhaust guys.

it is the original panasonic Battery , is this an early sign i need to change it or did the fact the lights and cold weather casued the Battery to delplete and by me jump starting it, its back to normal OR will i find randomly one day it  just wont start?

The original batteries are mega £££s - crazy prices.

hope it helps someone and thanks in advance  to my question

Yep, had the same issue before Xmas.
In my case the 12V Battery was doing an impression of a 3V Battery. I had noticed it was starting to die already
given the car would die and need a jump start if it was left without the engine running on standby mode (so running 
from the 12V) for more than 30 mins or so. 

Basically the car is having troubles installing the 12V circuit and the VGRS is vulnerable to fluctuations in voltage.
Since replacing the 12V (was £100 for a non-lexus equivalent) I've had zero issues since then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steven Lockey said:

Yep, had the same issue before Xmas.
In my case the 12V battery was doing an impression of a 3V battery. I had noticed it was starting to die already
given the car would die and need a jump start if it was left without the engine running on standby mode (so running 
from the 12V) for more than 30 mins or so. 

Basically the car is having troubles installing the 12V circuit and the VGRS is vulnerable to fluctuations in voltage.
Since replacing the 12V (was £100 for a non-lexus equivalent) I've had zero issues since then.

Thanks Steven, im playing it by ear will see how it goes over the new days or weeks maybe lucky it might be OK, out of curiosity where did you source your Battery from and is it an AGM Battery?

7 hours ago, usuf_x said:

Thanks Steven, im playing it by ear will see how it goes over the new days or weeks maybe lucky it might be OK, out of curiosity where did you source your battery from and is it an AGM battery?

£100 from Halfords
AGMs are overkill. 

If its just cos the light was left on overnight, well probably means its on it's way out soon, that wouldn't kill a fresh Battery I don't think.
Before mine finally died, if I left it running on Battery with just electronics running, it would turn off after about 30mins.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links