Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear window spoiler fo SC

Localhero

I think it is OK but I don’t think it flows very well. It does look like it’s just been stuck on the glass rather than styled with the rest of the car. My personal view is that roof spoilers look better on hatchbacks and estate cars as opposed to a boot spoiler on a car with a boot which can be an appealing addition providing you don’t go silly. However if you like it go for it it’s your car and we are all different in what we like and don’t like. It might look great in the flesh especially if the car had a boot spoiler as well to balance it out looks wise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Philip said:

Not wanting to teach granny to suck eggs - remember when buying stuff from the US there will be duty and freight costs.

I got my fingers burnt many years ago regarding this. I bought a secondhand Nikon lens from a private seller in the US via eBay because it was cheaper than buying from a UK seller. When it arrived via the postman I had to pay another £53 pounds. Royal mail & customs charged £12.50 just open the box to inspect it and even though it was secondhand I had to pay VAT on the price it sold for new in the UK so I didn’t save anything in the end. Strange thing is that since then I have bought several things from the US including from SC430mods and never paid anything on top of the postage.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 2:02 PM, Glyn Jennings said:

I got my fingers burnt many years ago regarding this. I bought a secondhand Nikon lens from a private seller in the US via ebay because it was cheaper than buying from a UK seller. When it arrived via the postman I had to pay another £53 pounds. Royal mail & customs charged £12.50 just open the box to inspect it and even though it was secondhand I had to pay VAT on the price it sold for new in the UK so I didn’t save anything in the end. Strange thing is that since then I have bought several things from the US including from SC430mods and never paid anything on top of the postage.

It's odd how some things don't seem to attract the duty and others do. All of my more expensive parts have required duty to be paid, some before the packages are delivered and some afterwards. More recently the duty invoice arrives 2-3 weeks later.

• Like 1

I think you were lucky, I just bought a couple of things for my Sc430 and as you can see ended up quite expensive!!!!!

Order total:
Price US $70.00
Postage US $17.57
Import charges US $22.42

Total charged to Paypal ÂŁ92.50
Total in USD US $109.99
Based on exchange rate at purchase: 1 GBP = 1.18908 USD
  • Like 3

Hi Doc

I find it very strange that on occasions I have purchased items from long distances like the USA, Japan or even Australia, paid the postage and tax for less than we pay in the UK.

I suppose it isca lesson that it pays to shop around for the best deal 🤑.

Anthony

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links