Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not sure if audio/sound fault?

Got a 2023 UX 250h and first driving impression is good. However, the radio/music is terrible. even worse than my 13 year old vw polo. Later found out that the front speakers (on both doors) do not play any bass sound while driving. It does work when I start the car/park the car/when navigation comes on. I have been changing all the settings for sound (tremor/bass/mid/location of sound) while someone driving but I couldn't get them to play any bass. It sounds exactly the same as you set the bass to -5 for the whole journey and all you hear is sound coming from the front dash. 

Any one has similar issues? or have I been stupid missing something in the settings? 

4 hours ago, iddective said:

Got a 2023 UX 250h and first driving impression is good. However, the radio/music is terrible. even worse than my 13 year old vw polo. Later found out that the front speakers (on both doors) do not play any bass sound while driving. It does work when I start the car/park the car/when navigation comes on. I have been changing all the settings for sound (tremor/bass/mid/location of sound) while someone driving but I couldn't get them to play any bass. It sounds exactly the same as you set the bass to -5 for the whole journey and all you hear is sound coming from the front dash. 

Any one has similar issues? or have I been stupid missing something in the settings? 

The sound quality is extremely dependent on what the source is. 

Radio doesnt sound great. USB seems to be the best especially at 320kbps. Spotify and Bluetooth audio seem to be quite poor in my opinion

Thanks Rayaans, my problem is when stationary - radio plays fine and carplay plays perfect (wireless), I can adjust bass and both front speakers I can feel them vibrating.

However, once driving for a bit/stopped at traffic light - get going again, those bass disappeared and no matter I adjust it to 0 or +5, there is no sound from both of them (tried both radio/car play)

I cannot think of anything else I can try and it seems very silly to go to dealership if that is something easy I can do at home for settings?

Update:

tested today again, I think it’s the 4 tyres. The tyres sound may be loud enough to mask both front and back speakers. Will try it again later on highway and turn up volume see what happens. The tyre sound was disappointed the day I got the car, guess will have to live with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. 
audio no issue, turned up volume and everything works even driven on a motorway, just tyre/road noise that reduce the overall driving experience.

I’m wondering if anyone has done any sound proofing to UX and the experience of it? Best if anyone knows anyone in Scotland

thanks 

On 2/8/2023 at 1:51 PM, rayaans said:

The sound quality is extremely dependent on what the source is. 

Radio doesnt sound great. USB seems to be the best especially at 320kbps. Spotify and bluetooth audio seem to be quite poor in my opinion

Bluetooth in the CT is very old type. Latest Bluetooth is able to transfer better than 320kbps. Lexus have terrible software. Will not play any type of lossless music except with line-in. High quality from Spotify is 160kbps and less if not paid connection 96kbps.

In the CT I use DVD with m4a files 512kbps. More than 20 hours of music on one DVD. Music and picture of disc on the DVD but not on USB. Have a 32Gb USB with same type music and have no idea how long-time music would play, but probably enough to drive from southern Spain to Norway without hearing same tune twice.

Mostly cannot hear any difference between 512kbps and lossless. Only when parked in a very quiet place. ML audio is better than any standard audio in even 3 times more expensive cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links