Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus S430 to be purchased in Q3/Q4 of 2023

AliKelman

Hi - I am considering buying a Lexus S430 towards the end of this year (2023). It needs to be one with a very good history and with everything working. I am going to be taking it to the Channel Isles where I will be living. The maximum speed limit on Guernsey is 35 MPH and on Jersey it is 40MPH. So the car will just potter about for the next few years. It will need to have a working SatNav - essential in getting around in the Channel Isles. Generally speaking if the SatNav has UK maps it also has Channel Isles maps.

Please email me. My idea is that the current private owner of a suitable car might have one last summer taking their car around in the UK with my purchasing it this autumn/winter. So there is plenty of time to plan

Ali

8 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Best wishes with your search  .......  do keep us posted on developments 

Malc

I will do. I am currently a full supporting member of the JaguarOwnersClub which is operated out of this same forum.  It has been very useful in keeping me in contact with similarly minded owners.  I will be looking for a post-2006 car which has been very well maintained and cared for. 

• 4 weeks later...

A small update: First I made a typo: I will be looking for an SC430.

It will probably a post-2006 car but I may look at something from the first generation. 

Secondly, and a more general question - Is the SC430 meeting on Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th June 2023 a good place to purchase an SC430 ?

2 hours ago, AliKelman said:

A small update: First I made a typo: I will be looking for an SC430.

It will probably a post-2006 car but I may look at something from the first generation. 

Secondly, and a more general question - Is the SC430 meeting on Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th June 2023 a good place to purchase an SC430 ?

I'm not sure but all I'm going to do is advise of this. You may come across someone at the sc430 meeting or on lexus clubs or eBay etc by the name of Rich Walker. He deals in sc430's, never buy one of him. He is a trader and a dodgy one at that. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2023 at 4:51 PM, messi said:

I'm not sure but all I'm going to do is advise of this. You may come across someone at the sc430 meeting or on lexus clubs or Ebay etc by the name of Rich Walker. He deals in sc430's, never buy one of him. He is a trader and a dodgy one at that. 

I’ll second your opinion on rich walker….extremely dodgy bloke as a person and as a so called dealer….. defo stay well clear of that individual 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I am considering importing one directly from Japan - possibly an SC 430 Eternal Jewel edition if I can find one. Any tips gratefully received.

2010 Lexus SC430 "The Eternal Jewel" Edition (topspeed.com)

This site looks like a possible source:

Used LEXUS SC for sale - search results (List View) | Japanese used cars and Japanese imports | Goo-net Exchange Find Japanese used vehicles (goo-net-exchange.com)

Edited by AliKelman
Adding an extra link

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links