Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 front shock absorbers

Alanh12

Got 04 sc430 with 79k mls, i would describe as excellent probably over maintained condition. As a small project im waiting on better weather before i strip and rebuilt complete front suspension. Already bought most of parts for full renewal. More because i can than because it needs it. Just looking for standard everything, not modding.

im looking for a pair of new front shock absorbers. Ive seen them advertised as being common to some of the GS range especially the gs430 gs parts are more commonly available so keener prices

can anyone confirm if the shocks are common to sc and gs?

thanks

On 2/22/2023 at 12:06 PM, Alanh12 said:

Got 04 sc430 with 79k mls, i would describe as excellent probably over maintained condition. As a small project im waiting on better weather before i strip and rebuilt complete front suspension. Already bought most of parts for full renewal. More because i can than because it needs it. Just looking for standard everything, not modding.

im looking for a pair of new front shock absorbers. Ive seen them advertised as being common to some of the GS range especially the gs430 gs parts are more commonly available so keener prices

can anyone confirm if the shocks are common to sc and gs?

thanks

Hello, Your project interests me as I drove an 06 model (same as mine but with 20k miles on it not the 70k that is on mine) and was impressed with how much tauter and positive it felt.

Like you I'm only interested in a standard set up and would love to know where you acquired the suspension kit from as I would like to renew all of mine. I have seen kits (see attached) on eBay from the US but am wary ...did you get something like this from one place or was it a trawling exercise? 

Any help you could provide most appreciated. 

Best regards.

Nick423689076_ScreenShot2023-02-27at22_25_45.thumb.png.40a060339ee122384e683a9e2ecc46c1.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My 2002 SC430 I have been told has failed its MOT on leaking shocks - my local garage has asked me is there anywhere they can get non Lexus ones or do they have to get those at £0000's

Anybody any links etc to buy replacements?

Thanks

Philip

1 hour ago, Dr Philip said:

My 2002 SC430 I have been told has failed its MOT on leaking shocks - my local garage has asked me is there anywhere they can get non Lexus ones or do they have to get those at £0000's

Anybody any links etc to buy replacements?

Thanks

Philip

Do you need front or rear shocks Philip ?

Thanks Uncle Bob - Front shocks. Lexus have come back with a price of £240 each, so I have told my local garage to accept and get them fitted. Thankfully nothing untoward on the MOT or service - so looking forward to our tootles around the island in the sunshine 😎

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sonu said:

Does it mean that these Bilstein ones also fit the front on a SC430?

https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/products/24-027434

Are the rear ones interchangeable with the GS430 shocks?

Well the SACHS ones I listed above also fit the GS430 2001-2005, and this Bilstein fits the same GS430. Just make sure you can return them if they don’t fit 👍🏻

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links