Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TPMS disable

apcbbb

I have a TPMS light flashing then continually on with my 2007 SC. Tyre pressures are good and steady. I’ve disconnected the 2 plugs under the radio. The light does NOT now come on with ignition but after starting the engine it flashes and then is solid. I don’t have any fancy OBD or tech gadgets. Is there any way of firstly disabling this and secondly sorting - cheaply! I appreciate thre have been a number of posts re this but I can’t find a clear answer. Any help would be much appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 7:35 PM, apcbbb said:

I have a TPMS light flashing then continually on with my 2007 SC. Tyre pressures are good and steady. I’ve disconnected the 2 plugs under the radio. The light does NOT now come on with ignition but after starting the engine it flashes and then is solid. I don’t have any fancy OBD or tech gadgets. Is there any way of firstly disabling this and secondly sorting - cheaply! I appreciate thre have been a number of posts re this but I can’t find a clear answer. Any help would be much appreciated. 

If these are the original TPMS valves, then I would suspect that one or more of the batteries has failed.  Depending on mileage, they are. considered to have about a ten year life.

If you take the car to a good tyre retailer, they should be able to check the state of the valves.  When I had to have one replaced, it was £65 fitted - which was better than a Lexus dealer.

If the tyres need replacing then that would be a good time to do it, as the tyre has to be removed anyway.  And you can always negotiate a deal.

Of course you could just ignore it - some owners find a small piece of black tape over the flashing light solves the problem!

But the TPMS system is a safety aid and early warning system.  For your own safety - let alone that of others - it should be working.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate the safety aspect but happy to be without until I need new tyres!  It is the TPMS light and the plugs are the white and blue under the radio. Am I missing something? Should I disconnect the Battery for a ‘hard’ reset? - tyres still at good and steady pressure. 

I have TBH and admit I am a bit of a numpty when working on cars, but even I managed to do this after watching a video on YouTube but a Lexus independent  said he has simply removed the bulb or LED? From behind the dash!! I cannot vouch  for this 😭 as I say i disconnected the plug with no problems STEW👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links