Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Farewell to the old warhorse... and hello to the new kid.

Ruffle

My trusty black, 5l, V8, coupe with red seats has left it's home of the last 10+ years. Some regrets at seeing her go as it's a stonking car and in Sport mode with the supercharger wound up she really pulls up her skirts and shifts with a glorious soundtrack to match.

However, the eagled eyed amongst you might just spot a new black, 5l, V8 coupe with red seats lurking in the background :)

Life, the universe and everything (spelt w-o-r-k) have conspired to severely restrict any time to get to know the new kid on the block but first impressions in the few hundred miles I've managed are suggesting that I'm going to enjoy my LC and I'm looking forward to spending the next decade or so in its company.

FWIW, some first impressions/comparisons.  The handling is very much better (even if the rear end did get out of shape a couple of times on a cold, wet road the LC sorted it all out before I needed to get involved) and the RWS really really sharpens things up much more than I expected. The engine, as everyone knows, is a screamer but needs the solenoids open or the ItGoesAutomotive exhaust gizmo (mine is on order but stuck in transit) to let the exhaust breath. The ICE and touchpad really is as awful as the reviews imply but an AAWireless device means I can pretty much ignore it except for the climate control which is... errr... curious and cursed with a truly awful UI. The whole ICE/UI thing really does amaze me. It's really not that hard to build a halfway decent interface; it's only software (I say that as a programmer). Maybe it's a cultural thing as I've seen equally awful software on Japanese motorcycles.

As a place to be sat, the lC is as nice as everyone says.

The Lexus dealership experience didn't live up to expectations but that might just be down to the particular salesman who's since been moved on to a different brand.

byebye.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links