Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In depth RC-F GS-F & IS-F reviews.

I watched his RCF review quiiite a few times before buying mine. He's actually the one who made me consider a Lexus as I honestly knew almost nothing about the brand and didn't know they made any performance cars.

He's a great reviewer and I like how in-depth he goes describing things most other reviewers barely touch on. He rarely talks about the numbers and is much more interested in things like driver feel and engagement. He also gets every car he reviews up on the lift to show the underbody, brakes, suspension, cooling, aero etc. The 2017 Civic Type R video for example is great as he's able to actually show how beefy and overdeveloped the front suspension and knuckle is compared to the normal Civic.

He might be a little biased towards Japanese cars, but he always explains it well enough that you can kind of understand why (reliability, simplicity, the problems he's had with his BMWs lol).

Also well worth watching are his LC 500 review(s) and the LFA review is on another level. Just keep in mind his style is more in-depth, informative and much less focused on entertainment like some of the bigger channels.

A lot of the reviews seem to just compare it to its BMW & Audi segment competitors as being inferior based on performance figures, but this guy looks deeper & sees the RCF as its own thing. I mainly appreciated the bits on the lifter, its not like you get to see that usually as an owner & ive not seen any other reviews bother to go into the chassis much at all. 

Savage Geese are very good with all their reviews and have updated the RCF review to the later model. Compared to Doug the Manure they are 1000 times better but with a lot less people watching says something about Youtube for sure.

When considering the RCF I watched the Chris Harris review of the RCF again compared to many he's last comments about the RCF stuck in my mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B1RMA said:

When considering the RCF I watched the Chris Harris review of the RCF again compared to many he's last comments about the RCF stuck in my mind.

I was never too sure about Chris Harris's review of the RCF, you can tell he initially wanted to like the car but came away completely underwhelmed by it. He liked some things about it, but let's be honest overall it was a pretty damning review.

Yet when he reviewed the GSF he lavished praise upon it. Everything positive he said about it also applies to the RCF. I find this quite confusing, I know the GSF has the more modern chassis, but is it really that much better?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

I was never too sure about Chris Harris's review of the RCF, you can tell he initially wanted to like the car but came away completely underwhelmed by it. He liked some things about it, but let's be honest overall it was a pretty damning review.

Yet when he reviewed the GSF he lavished praise upon it. Everything positive he said about it also applies to the RCF. I find this quite confusing, I know the GSF has the more modern chassis, but is it really that much better?

I always listen to real world opinions on vehicles, from those that live with them, then I test drive them. I find car reviewers and critics flip flop all the time with their opinions. Plus we all have unconscious bias, preferences and differing needs.

I found a review on the ISF that stated it had a confused identity of not being either an all out tarmac terrorist or a gentleman's cruiser, and as a result this was a reason to take points off the board for it. Oddly I absolutely love that about the F range. Nothing better than being able to leisurely drive around in auto at a relaxed pace, then drive onto track in manual and hoon it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

I guess I knew all along that the RCF is not a track oriented car and to have someone like him confirm that was okay with me. As I have said and done if you fancy going on track buy a VX220 Turbo you'll have a lot of fun running circles around most cars.

It was his comments on the road that stuck with me, of course there are more finely tuned road cars out there but he did say the RCF grows on you and long term it has worked out a better option than the obvious.

• Like 1

I've been subbed to these guys for a long time. They're probably the best in-depth reviewers out there with a good sense of humour. 

Coincidentally I've been checking all of these videos this week as I intend to become an RCF owner this year.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links