Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anti theft device.

Glyn Jennings

Firstly I can’t remember if I have already posted something on this and unless I am being thick I can’t find anyway of quickly searching for a topic. Am I missing something?

So as part of my obsession with my SC I want to make it as difficult as I can for someone to steal it especially as it is just parked out in the road along with my RX and I have spent a lot of money on it including £3500 on wheels and tyres alone. I am well aware if someone really wants your wheels or car they will persevere and could even put it on a low loader which you can not prevent. I have 3 different locking wheel nuts on each wheel in a attempt to slow them down or put them off. In that event it might be easier to just take the whole car. 

I am going to get a Ghost immobiliser fitted to my RX450h as it is now number 6 in the top 10 cars stolen in the UK often by tapping into the Canbus system under the front wheel arch.

The SC430 is not listed a vehicle suitable for this to be fitted therefore I have considered the following options.

1. Fit some sort of electrical fuel cut off device. Although having looked at where the plug to the pump is there is hardly any wiring showing to connect into and it is open to the elements.

2. Try to stop the handbrake release mechanism being released.

3. Lock the gear selector in the park position.

l already have a cheap tracker fitted but it won’t stop someone taking the car.

I also have Disklok steering lock which I don’t like using as is is prone to marking the wheel.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks for the suggestion.  This is very similar to the Ghost and similar price.  When I have the Ghost fitted to the RX I will also inquire whether that and Scorpion are suitable for the SC430.  One you could fit your self would be handy to keep the cost down.  I understand there are two types of CanBus systems, 2A and later cars 2B. Perhaps the SC is 2A and that is why it is not listed.  No car on the Ghost list is older than 2008  and most are newer than that.

12 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Firstly I can’t remember if I have already posted something on this and unless I am being thick I can’t find anyway of quickly searching for a topic. Am I missing something?

So as part of my obsession with my SC I want to make it as difficult as I can for someone to steal it especially as it is just parked out in the road along with my RX and I have spent a lot of money on it including £3500 on wheels and tyres alone. I am well aware if someone really wants your wheels or car they will persevere and could even put it on a low loader which you can not prevent. I have 3 different locking wheel nuts on each wheel in a attempt to slow them down or put them off. In that event it might be easier to just take the whole car. 

I am going to get a Ghost immobiliser fitted to my RX450h as it is now number 6 in the top 10 cars stolen in the UK often by tapping into the Canbus system under the front wheel arch.

The SC430 is not listed a vehicle suitable for this to be fitted therefore I have considered the following options.

1. Fit some sort of electrical fuel cut off device. Although having looked at where the plug to the pump is there is hardly any wiring showing to connect into and it is open to the elements.

I also have Disklok steering lock which I don’t like using as is is prone to marking the wheel.

Any suggestions welcome.

I either use my Iphone or PC to view this forum and have just noticed when you view this site on the PC there is a search option yet on the Iphone there is not. So I have found the answer to that query myself. 

If i were lucky enough to own your wheels I would be worried too but if they turned up on another SC or Lexus I think we would get to know pretty soon !! Also is the sc a desirable vehicle for thieves, certainly not for a joyrider, who probably wouldn't know what one is anyway? Kids  usually steal cars so they can make their basic focus look like an Sti etc, has anyone ever had or heard of any SC 430s being stolen 🤔 

Ps Glyn I have ordered a throttle booster from SC430mods.com have you found anwhere to fix the little screen 😀  Stew

Sorry back on topic.....

Many years ago I had a convertible sports car ( I am too ashamed to say what it was ).

It had such a fantastic anti theft device that even the police could not tow it away when once parked illegally in London. 

It was a key in the footwell immediately under the clutch master cylinder. When this was on it locked the flow of fluid and set the clutch absolutely solid.  I have no idea what it was and have tried to research it without success.

The second line of defence was a set of Maserati air horns linked to a selmar "motion" anti theft system.

One evening some scallys in Liverpool tried to molest it and I heard the alarm going off from inside the Cinema. It was SO loud.

They disappeared due to all the attention it was attracting.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2023 at 8:37 PM, Glyn Jennings said:

Any suggestions welcome.

I have decided to go back to the Disklok for now as I now see you can get a protective cover to put on before the Disklok is fitted so it doesn't mark the wheel. The Disklok is a really unwieldy to put on and off and store but needs must and it is a good visual deterrent.  I did inquire about a Scorpion canbus immobiliser but they said the SC430 doesn't have a canbus system which I am not sure is correct however bearing in mind their response I think it is going to be to difficult to fit this type of immobiliser to an SC.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links